what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
lol My girlfriend really wanted to buy me something for my birthday, and I wouldn't let her.

I got something for her to get me now. lol

I'm looking at the RT, cable, petcock and the 3 liter tank from Dax. Slight increase in capacity.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Dang -it........!

Hope your ok man...... looms like the huffy held up real well and will only need a new set of forks, main thang is I hope you held up well and didn't get hurt bad.......!

Map

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Bp, your a ninja! Looks like you rolled out of it they way it's supposed to be done, talked yourself into staying calm and assessing the situation. Good job, hope your ok.

And for the record since no one brought it up I particularly enjoyed the little scream right before impact :)

Again, hope your ok man.

Dan.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
well now I seen the video.... that was wild..!

and now that I'm on my computer instead of my Galaxy III phone I can see that the head tube is jacked up.....this could be replaced if one had a tig and the skills for the job but looks like you have a parts bike now dang-it.

Glad you're OK.

Map

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Man, BP! Forget the bike, how you doing?
Holy s..., BP! I am glad to hear that you walked away from it. I hope that you are doing well.
BP are you ok? I saw the a$$ over tea kettle. Hopefully you were wearing roadrash proof clothing.
Dang -it........!

Hope your ok man...... looms like the huffy held up real well and will only need a new set of forks, main thang is I hope you held up well and didn't get hurt bad.......!

Map
Bp, your a ninja! Looks like you rolled out of it they way it's supposed to be done, talked yourself into staying calm and assessing the situation. Good job, hope your ok.

And for the record since no one brought it up I particularly enjoyed the little scream right before impact :)

Again, hope your ok man.

Dan.
well now I seen the video.... that was wild..!

and now that I'm on my computer instead of my Galaxy III phone I can see that the head tube is jacked up.....this could be replaced if one had a tig and the skills for the job but looks like you have a parts bike now dang-it.

Glad you're OK.

Map
That deer was a deaf one, I do believe! Hope everything turns out OK.....

Ok, so trying to cover everyone in one shot.

I was layered up for the cold, so only rash is on my left knee.

in total bodily damage is as follows: left foot bruised and sore, left leg feels like i pulled it or strained, left hip really sore from impact, have a very sore spot on my back from something in my backpack, my thumb got strained too. otherwise i tapped the back of my head just a smidge and im OK!

when i whomped the deer, i did a front flip (at least once) and ended up sliding down the path on my back (and backpack) about 20ft from site of impact. I found my bike down a 3ft embankment with the light still on.

bike damage: front fork is toast, head tube might be bent, both wheels are kinked. otherwise I did ok.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Im hoping to not repeat this, but I will be back building my new bike before too long, I caved and got a fred motor.... so i need to find a bigger frame anyways.

And fwiw, the engine was running AFTER i hit the deer, which is why it went so far haha but at least the most unreliable piece of the bike's assembly still works!

Everyone else, keep riding safe and watch out for those little effers on 4 legs. I know it was a fawn but they are like beer kegs.

Matt

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Great to hear your doing well considering that nasty spill, hope everything heals up 100%

Be sure to keep us posted on new build and keep us up to date with you opinion and results with the Fed Engine, I know he does good work and I sure wish I knew how his work compares to the Dax balanced lowers and complete engines, the one I have on a bike now is a strong runner and is the smoothest running engine I ve ever had, but I have no way to compare the Fred to the Dax qnd really wish someone could do a side by side comparison with identical components.

Oops got off on a rabbit trail here....!

Hope all is well with ya Matt and look forward to following your next build.

Map

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Great to hear your doing well considering that nasty spill, hope everything heals up 100%

Be sure to keep us posted on new build and keep us up to date with you opinion and results with the Fed Engine, I know he does good work and I sure wish I knew how his work compares to the Dax balanced lowers and complete engines, the one I have on a bike now is a strong runner and is the smoothest running engine I ve ever had, but I have no way to compare the Fred to the Dax qnd really wish someone could do a side by side comparison with identical components.

Oops got off on a rabbit trail here....!

Hope all is well with ya Matt and look forward to following your next build.

Map
Thank you much! My friends bike currently has a fred motor on it, and it does 40 on a 36t. I do believe its overjetted from when fred runs them in and my buddy hasn't changed them yet. I have to say tho, its buttery smooth and you can feel it pull great with the mikuni. Just too rich up top starts 4 stroking. When I install mine, I will likely switch back to a stock CDI seeing as cooling isnt an issue, the damn head is about half as tall as the cyl body is!

anywho, thanks for the well wishes, I'm walking mostly normal at this point, definitely have something very bruised in my foot. Luckily I am presently not working so I have the proper time to rest and make sure this doesnt present a long term issue or recurring discomfort.

Probably the biggest concern out of this whole incident was this: "am i gonna be one of those people that got ****ed up right before 25yr old and has to live in pain for the rest of time?"

Luckily I believe the answer will be no, assuming I don't stress myself or fall down a flight of stairs.

At least while my primary bike is down, I can work on finishing my cruiser build that I put on the back burner.

I'll check in with progress and pics later! cant wait to show you how rippled the rear wheel is hahaha

matt

.bf.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Get a Dax RT carb it is the best Dellorto Clone ever and in my opinion is better, very affordable too! and then get a petcock from S.B.P. problem solved. (basically forever)

http://thatsdax.com/ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_1.html
that carb is great for a newb putting it on a mild motor ....

but this is more like it for some one who knows about carb tunning the phgb 16mm, and the 19 mm spigot style is a lot better for heavy modded motors

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
wow! glad you are okay bp. awesome video though for sure. the scream was the best. speedy healing my friend. thank you for sharing. I got a light I put on my helmet when riding my motorized bicycle that way I can scan the sides of the road and hopefully light up their eyes, I almost hit a goat one night so probably over cautious. yes goat I live on an island and they are everywhere

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Hey BP.. glad you're alright.. sorry 'bout your ride, but at least it's almost 'rebuild season'.

Be glad that was a fawn.. if it's been full grown your bike probably would have gone right under it, but you'd have slammed into the deer.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I finished my bike today! It only took 5 freakin months to complete. Most of that time was spent waiting for parts on back order... I'm so happy.
dnut

Attachments

Last edited: