what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Rode around Cruzin for Bettys. 18 miles in all. Doesn't say somewhere? TURN OFF ENGINE AND NO SMOKING AT THE PUMP. laff

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Poppa Fozzy, be careful! The engine will "spit" fuel from the carburetor, in a mist that is highly flammable. Lighting a smoke from sitting upright on the seat probably won't do it, but yeah, holding a lighter by the carb could do that.

LED flashlights are super cheap now. I like the 10packs of the 3AAA 3 LED pocket lights for general use, and like LED powered bicycle lights.

Glad you're ok!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just spent the last hour tighening the fasteners on my bike --- free.

One hour of therapy --- Lord only knows....

Found a couple of loose bolts, but nothing major. I also installed the JNM Dampner kit. I was kinda skeptical, but thought what the heck. Those little pads make a boat load of difference in the amount of 'noise' coming from the motor!! I was pleasantly surprised!
(Too bad it almost took a month for my complete order to finally arrive.....)

Even though I've made an exhaust for my bike, I'm still kicking around the idea of ordering an expansion chamber from Pablo.......something about icing on a cake.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Resistance was low.....just ordered the expansion chamber. May have to order a pizza now.......

Last edited:

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
I also installed the JNM Dampner kit. I was kinda skeptical, but thought what the heck. Those little pads make a boat load of difference in the amount of 'noise' coming from the motor!! I was pleasantly surprised!
Hmm, nice to know those worked. I've also took a hint from this site and put some rubber here and there between the aluminum fins and it nearly took that weird harmonic noise out. I need to get some more in there to get rid of it all.

Resistance of low.....just ordered the expansion chamber. May have to order a pizza now.......
Good job! I'm waiting till spring to get that muffler, maybe they will go on sale during the colder months lol. Also looking at getting the CR Machine head, cylinder, piston combo :)

Dan.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

It took me quite a few months to get this bike put together, due to various things, I didn't just want to slap on an engine kit and call it a mobike. I wanted to do something awesome like a custom built 12 volt lighting assem. complete with brake lights and turn signals. Got everything done and got it running, Took it for a short ride. having some issues dialing in the idol. I forgot to set me brakes too, so I had to flintstone it when I came to a stop on her 1 mile maiden voyage. GOT to do something about the exhaust, I cut it a couple months back to lengthen it to the rear wheel and just haven't bent the little piece and welded it back, it's so freakin loud. all in all she rode good! Those little china engines aren't that bad they just ain't a Briggs...

AND THEN!!!!

I SET MY motobike on fire! Was trying to set the idol, used my lighter to see the adjust screw. Didn't know there was a leake from a crack in the fuel filter... FRWOOSH! flames covered the gas line, carb and parts of the engine itself. I just knew that it was going to explode in my face if the flames got to the tank. I was blowing and slaping as hard as I could trying to get the flames out, Finally got it put out no injuries to myself or the bike, though my heart was beating so hard I thought I was going to pass out lol

Lesson learned? Don't work on anything gas powered in the dark without a flashlight

Wow. Just wow. Post a pic of yourself with no eyebrows!
Bet the mods will make it a sticky!
*snork*laff

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I made a Cable Stop Arm for the Clutch Cable Roller Wheel, made it out of an old Huffy cable brake Pull, took about 6 hrs to design and fabricate to run a cable with precession alignment and since it takes so long just to do one I made two, one for the next advenure

Attachments

Last edited:

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Purchased a new plug wire from Sick Bikes and installed it today, (quick shipping btw) super easy to do. Used a metal dental pick I have for gun cleaning and pushed it in around the wire where the glue was, twisted it out (Very Important to twist it out and not yank it out) and put the new one in. I figured because it was glued in it would take awhile but I was done with the whole procedure in about 3 minutes.

Took the bike for a spin and it started easier, has better low end torque, four stroking almost gone, gained 2 mph on the top end. Amazing what a 6 dollar part can do lol. I think the wire will actually give me more top end after all is said and done because Im thinking I have an air leak I need to check for. I can hear the motor react differently now that its firing better.

Pic of the CDI minus the wire.

Dan.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
I made a Cable Stop Arm for the Clutch Cable Roller Wheel, made it out of an old Huffy cable brake Pull, took about 6 hrs to design and fabricate to run a cable with precession alignment and since it takes so long just to do one I made two, one for the next advenure
That is a beautiful motor! I hear a lot of complaints about the clutch but for some reason mine feels great. Is the benefit of this mod to make it easier to pull the clutch in or just a better feel? Im a new here so I hope this isn't a real dumb question lol.

Dan.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Well the 12 volt battery and charger showed up today and the freaking charger had been smashed. E-mail the seller and got 1/2 my money back to buy one in town.
Gota love just Fea-bay.
:-||

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
That is a beautiful motor! I hear a lot of complaints about the clutch but for some reason mine feels great. Is the benefit of this mod to make it easier to pull the clutch in or just a better feel? Im a new here so I hope this isn't a real dumb question lol.

Dan.
A clutch roller can make it much smoother and easier on the hand, the pulley reduces the amount of force it takes to pull the lever.
I have something similar installed on the three bikes in my garage, and wouldn't think of doing another build without one.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Been busy with bikes last two days, got both my Puch heads painted with some VHT Extreme High Heat paint along with getting holes drilled out for the M8x1.25 studs which I also made up a set of for the Kulana Bikes Dax GP360 engine.

Here are pix of the Kulana with Puch 70cc Hi Hi Compression Head

Since putting this head on and even though I dont have my expansion exhaust built for it yet and still have the stock rejetted NT carb. I'm getting a WOT RPM reading of a 7860rpms on my Tach and with the 34T rear sprocket I'm scooting right alone.......Yea Haw...!

Map

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yesterday I also worked on the Huffy Karaoke a bit, removed the stock slant head and replaced it with the Puch 50cc Hi Hi Compression head I purchased from a member (k.mah), I sued two head gaskets to eliminate piston contact with the head since it has such a small chamber, the engines on both bikes that I have put these heads on definitely run much cooler to the touch after installing the Puch heads and the perfromance is very good on both the Dax engine and the BGF that is on the Karaoke, I will never run the stock heads again unless I have to for clearance reasons on a bike, I can see now that the simply modified Puch heads or going with a better cooling custom head like the ones that Fred makes is an advantage for keeping the engines running cooler, I have always had good luck with the stock heads but the quality compared to the Puch heads and the custom ones is like daylight and dark, wish I had done this upgrade a long time ago.

anyway, here is the Huffy Davidson (H-D) with its new head.

Map

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Got my new tires mounted on the Quando wheels that I took off a Schwinn Comfort bike, the wheels dont have any bigger spokes than the ones that are already on the Kulana but they are really smooth rollers and I think the Brick tread tires with the Orange sidewalls look good on them, this bike is getting a suspension fork and the new tire and wheel when I have the time to swap it all out, gonna get a rear fuel tank in place of the peanut tank and a couple other things before I'm done.

also on my way to town yesterday I snapped a pic of a single rain cloud among many others that were just hanging there looking pretty, this is on top of one of the hills I ride up just about a mile from my home, I thought this was a nice scene so I thought I would share a little bit of dry hot Texas with ya'll.

Map
.wee,

Attachments

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
^That a 66?
Yes, BGF 66cc with the large frame front mount engine, not nearly as smooth as the Dax Balanced engine, but it will cruise comfortably all day long at 32 MPH, its as smooth as the Dax up to that speed and then after that it gets those dreaded numb the hands and the butt vibes....LOL!

this is the Puch 50cc Hi Hi Head, ( It required two head gaskets ) set this head on three of my engines with only one gasket and the piston made contact on all of them but with the added gasket it is fine and still has good compression.

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just wanted to say that the roller looks excellent and that engine itself looks darn good also...... very nice detail work on it, everything nice and smooth.

Map
reddd

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Went and got another charger for the lighting system today .
Hey Map, the "HUM-DINGER" looking good old boy .
In your scenic photo, I'm pretty sure I can see dodge dude way off in the background sucking cactus juice!
LMAO