best 4 stroke kit and best place to get it plus beefing up a bike

GoldenMotor.com

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I still haven't 100% decided what I want yet (between a GEBE and a in frame 4 stroke) but if I do go with the in frame 4 stroke kit, which one should I look for and who should I buy it from? I'm not afraid to spend a few extra coin for a better kit. The "ghost racer" kits are cheaper but are they any good? I heard of some bad stories about a bearing or something. ANY advice would be helpful.

Also I was kicking around the idea of a shift kit. I weigh 230 lbs and I think I can benifit from the variety of different gears. With added speed comes added stress on the bike so what precautions should I take? Sronger axle? Heavy duty wheels? Wider tires? I would run this kit on a Chicago Schwinn middleweight frame - a 69 typhoon to be exact.
I will be riding in an urban area 99% of the time.

Last edited:

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
No. Not yet. Christmas and property taxes, my disposible income is pretty much nonexistent. That's ok, those kits will still be there. Just when I think I decide on the 4 stroke 7g kit, I read a bad review and think I want a 2 stroke....then I remember that though the police don't seem to care that it's over 49cc, it's still against the law. With so many relatives in blue (and since I'm here in St. Louis where the whole mess started ) I'm going to respect the law. There are 49cc 2 strokes but I don't know much about them.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I'm all in on the 4g and the 5/8 clutch. Engine Hs with 5/8 shaft. Like Aleman said.Very solid kit if you can find one.Then add a shift kit and you are good to go! I do not have mine any longer...but remember the days of pulling the rope once and going for a ride. Those were the days! Now I'm into the diy builds which take a lot of trial and error.