nexus 3 hub with China girl?

GoldenMotor.com

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Boygofast: Try using the advanced button at the bottom of this page when you write a post.
Then preview your post BEFORE POSTING
In that way you will have a chance to correct your grammar and rambling speech before posting it for the world to see.
Basically, if you can't easily read your own post , how can you expect others to?
If your posts were at the least readable , you'd possibly get a bit more respect from others....
Hope this helps.
You need to stop hijacking others threads as well ( Bad form)....

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I was just asking a simple question about running an internal geared hub and I got a long rambling answer to a question nobody asked.
The Smimano Nexus Inner 3 coaster brake hub outside diameter at the coaster brake arm is 46.6mm, 1.83".
The majority of sprockets I get have a 31mm, 1.22" hole.

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Well, Super Moderator I'm not surprised that anything that's not included in the original kits...........
Let me fill you in on something. You're taking on a man who has a really, really solid reputation around here. You're only fooling yourself. No one else is gonna buy it.

You can't win against him and he's got nothing to fear from you.

But, hey........maybe we can all still be friends. Just quit jumping into threads with wild ideas and rambling paragraphs that offer nothing but weird distractions.

If you've got nothing to add to a subject, then just stay out. Though giving a quick bit of encouragement, or something like that, is welcome.

If you won't do that, then the rest of us will surround your posts, blow the whistle, point straight at you and yell, "Horsefeathers!"

We'll do this so that you're not able to fool or deceive someone who doesn't know better. Of course, not many people are capable of being taken in by your posts. But better safe than sorry.

BOYGOFAST

Sep 28, 2013
Citrus Springs Fl.
Sorry I was asking BGF what he was talking about.??

I think KC answered you question.
Let's get to the point, the only answer is NO and I'd have to come back after waiting a few weeks to come up with the correct reply to the question as it is presented. OK ? SO RAMBLING ON AND ON cannonball2 and everyone else prefers including myself up until this post NO and KC did not answer the question any better than anyone else again the only answer is simply No OK ?NOW LETS REVIEW WHAT WAS THE QUESTION ? ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT WAS ?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Let's get to the point, the only answer is NO and I'd have to come back after waiting a few weeks to come up with the correct reply to the question as it is presented. OK ? SO RAMBLING ON AND ON cannonball2 and everyone else prefers including myself up until this post NO and KC did not answer the question any better than anyone else again the only answer is simply No OK ?NOW LETS REVIEW WHAT WAS THE QUESTION ? ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT WAS ?
Got me. I have no idea what the question was since your headache forming posts tend to scramble any normal person's brain. And then I remind myself that you have high jacked someone else's thread and turned it into "all about you". I believe I will abstain from your vote and as much as possible from your posts as well.
SB

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
The answer is : yes , It will fit and yes it will work . Without a jack shaft.........
This isn't a vote , this is the answer.....

This bike ( not mine , or my work ) has a Nexis 3 speed hub. No jack shaft....

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Of course it will function, the simple NO for a 2-stroke kit was because most of them have too small a hole to fit the hub.

So no, don't expect to be able to plop the stock sprocket from a typical cheap kit on a 3-speed, but you can if the hole is or can be made big enough, is THAT clear enough?

Simple question.
Simple Answer.
And then BFG...

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I've got the Nexus coaster brake hub you can weld the sprocket to the hub that I've done it's a steel sprocket comes with the kit 44 T the sprocket's center must be increased it takes a few minuets with a decent size file.
I'd like to see that.
Got any pics?

Welding a sprocket to hub seems a bit crazy to me but hey, if you did it perfect it beats a mount kit I guess.

I'm just really curious what you welded to considering it has an aluminum shell.

next the jackshaft I'm working with the same Nexus 3 speed... ..employ a spacer to weld it to the hub..
Yeah need to weld a disk on the opposite side and it set up for extra braking..
Say again?
You are going to weld a sprocket to the 3-speed on the right to run a jackshaft direct drive to the 3-speed hub?

Are you familiar with jackshafted shifters?

They tie your engine output to your pedal system so both can use the bikes gears with 1 chain to the back wheel.

You don't have to weld anything and it's a $200 kit to take advantage of your internal geared hub with not no modification to the back wheel even with a disc brake like that example.

Just curious is all as it's your build.

http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
Excessive that mess isn't even worth attempting to read, try spacing things out instead of rambling in one big heap............

ie, type a few lines the hit enter twice then repeat............