Pulled Over...

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yeah and you'll notice that on those super fast bikes, some have modified stock exhaust and some sweet looking moped expansion chambers and on every single one of them that you can see fairly good you'll notice they're running stock kit CDI ignitions.

for sure some fast bikes in these vids and I can tell you for sure that this MZ place in Miami does have some of the best prices on the motorized bike stuff, he ships very quick also.

Yeah I know some people dont like the MZ guy because it seems he has several cloned parts but for people who are on a tight budget, this gives them a chance to have some better stuff as well, so I'm not gonna hate on anyone.

Sure wish dave and I didn't live so many miles apart, I bet we could manage to get a good crew of Texas boys built up for some fun like this...!

Great videos Flyman, a little more jabber than racing but hey it all goes with the territory since we tend to get a little excited about our bikes.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
It's all about the money. Just another way to feed the bloated bureaucracy choking away all our personal freedom and responsibility.
Bicycles should be free to own and ride. Alcohol is legal. Why should a motorized bicycle be illegal?
Oh....right. It's for our own good.
Yep people can have a couple drinks and hit the road legally.

People can talk and text on there phones while driving in most states legally which has almost got me run over by those texting and driving morons around here while on my motorized bikes and the Harley, yep its more about money and control than it is about "keeping the public safe"

Its funny how it all is, I know cops around here that I went to school with and just know from them being around here for so long, many of them were heavy drinkers, drug user before and after they became a cop, street racers, fence jumper that would go trespass on people land to hunt and fish, among other things like taking weed away from kids telling them to go home and them sticking a joint or two in their pocket to enjoy later and then these same guys will try to give some people all kinds of trouble over things much less than what they do or have done.

I know there are some law enforcement that do care about doing a good job and helping people out, but honestly nowadays I think they're far and few between, its just a job and it gives them a power rush, take a gut that never really could get along with others very good growing up and always seemed to be the odd man out and give him a gun and a badge and suddenly he thinks he's some kind of above the law supe hero....LOL!

Not hating on Police officers that are good moral people, but I don't see many of those around here.

I am happy that Texas law makes it easy to have things like our bikes on the road though, that is a blessing for sure.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
there is power in numbers

i have tried to go on rides with local riders, in two occasions but both never contacted back.

im still enthusiastic about riding and hopefully people will start coming out of the wood work.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I actually got a customer at my shop who has one and he dropped it off with me to fix last week, he said he knew about mine because he saw me going down the street in the mornings and followed me to the shop one day but didn't stop because he had to go to work. once I get his bike running I'll try to talk him into going on a few rides around the area.
El Gallo,
I'm on the southside right off Military and Bynum, my shop is at 2011 Quintana and you can stop by sometime if you're in the area. I got a perfect open stretch of road that's hardly ever busy and about a half mile long for speed testing or tuning on and it's about a mile from the shop. I ride mine mostly in the morning to get breakfast on since the resturaunt is just up the street from the shop. Occasionally I have time to ride on the weekends or after hours but since I keep my bike at the shop that's how I get more time to ride it since I come in about an hour early every day.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
I live in one of those small towns where every one kind of knows every one.
While the law here in Oregon is as restrictive as most when it comes to motorizing a bicycle .
Just like some small towns i n Texas ( where the law is nearly a clone of Oregon's). The powers that be are willing to look the other way, in most cases.
Small towns are that way. That's why I live in one...

It's hard to over look a guy passing cars and making a bunch of un-necessary noise though.

Cops don't just get pay'd to protect people , they also get pay'd to keep the peace.
A guy screaming along at 30 + miles an hour on an un muffled or piped 2 stroke isn't quite most people's idea of peaceful....
So I get it.

I also know that a bunch of MB owners are riding them , not out of love for the craft.
More like I got a DUI and can't drive a car any more so I will skirt the law with my MB.

Sorry , you guys get no sympathy from me. I'v lost a few friends to drunks on the road.

Look, I'm an old biker. I'v lived the life and done the deeds.
I also know that nearly every run in with the law was my fault, one way or another.
I believe me, I have had a few......

A bit of common sense ( on my part ) would and could have prevented every one of them.

I don't call cops Pigs' any more.
Wisdom was a late comer in my life , but it finally show'd up.
I have found that no matter what the situation is a bit of respect goes a long way.
And being stupid will always cause trouble.

I like to run under the radar as much as possible now days.
My gas bike ( at least the one I ride to town on ) is quiet and looks legal.
I try to obey the rules of the road on it , and be respectful to others on the road.
Never had a problem on that bike.

My guess is that If someone, somewhere, wasn't being an idiot on a gas bike there wouldn't be a problem.

As to taxes and fees.
Hey If you ride on the road , you need to pay for that road. Just like a guy in a car or truck pays for that road.

Portland Or. is a great example of bikes gone bad.......
Every major road in the city has been modified to make them Bicycle friendly.
Hard to explain , you 'd need to see it to believe it.
All intersections have special bicycle turn lanes, some in the middle of the road.
All pay'd for by tax dollars ( Billions of them ) . That'd be the guy in the car...

And how do the cyclist's repay the public's kindness ?
By riding through intersections like they own the road.
Because in Portland , they do.

God forbid you bump a bicyclist in Portland.
You will be on the 8 pm news and then in court getting you'r a-- sew'd off. Weather he ran a red light or not......
Weird town is right.

Remember: All of the laws / fees and restrictions we have right now were enacted by the people that we have elected........... So who's fault is it.........?

That's my rant for the day .
Sorry to put you through it , but hay. Who else is going to listen to an old fat guy like me???????

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I live in one of those small towns where every one kind of knows every one.
While the law here in Oregon is as restrictive as most when it comes to motorizing a bicycle .
Just like some small towns i n Texas ( where the law is nearly a clone of Oregon's). The powers that be are willing to look the other way, in most cases.
Small towns are that way. That's why I live in one...

It's hard to over look a guy passing cars and making a bunch of un-necessary noise though.

Cops don't just get pay'd to protect people , they also get pay'd to keep the peace.
A guy screaming along at 30 + miles an hour on an un muffled or piped 2 stroke isn't quite most people's idea of peaceful....
So I get it.

I also know that a bunch of MB owners are riding them , not out of love for the craft.
More like I got a DUI and can't drive a car any more so I will skirt the law with my MB.

Sorry , you guys get no sympathy from me. I'v lost a few friends to drunks on the road.

Look, I'm an old biker. I'v lived the life and done the deeds.
I also know that nearly every run in with the law was my fault, one way or another.
I believe me, I have had a few......

A bit of common sense ( on my part ) would and could have prevented every one of them.

I don't call cops Pigs' any more.
Wisdom was a late comer in my life , but it finally show'd up.
I have found that no matter what the situation is a bit of respect goes a long way.
And being stupid will always cause trouble.

I like to run under the radar as much as possible now days.
My gas bike ( at least the one I ride to town on ) is quiet and looks legal.
I try to obey the rules of the road on it , and be respectful to others on the road.
Never had a problem on that bike.

My guess is that If someone, somewhere, wasn't being an idiot on a gas bike there wouldn't be a problem.

As to taxes and fees.
Hey If you ride on the road , you need to pay for that road. Just like a guy in a car or truck pays for that road.

Portland Or. is a great example of bikes gone bad.......
Every major road in the city has been modified to make them Bicycle friendly.
Hard to explain , you 'd need to see it to believe it.
All intersections have special bicycle turn lanes, some in the middle of the road.
All pay'd for by tax dollars ( Billions of them ) . That'd be the guy in the car...

And how do the cyclist's repay the public's kindness ?
By riding through intersections like they own the road.
Because in Portland , they do.

God forbid you bump a bicyclist in Portland.
You will be on the 8 pm news and then in court getting you'r a-- sew'd off. Weather he ran a red light or not......
Weird town is right.

Remember: All of the laws / fees and restrictions we have right now were enacted by the people that we have elected........... So who's fault is it.........?

That's my rant for the day .
Sorry to put you through it , but hay. Who else is going to listen to an old fat guy like me???????

The wife and I paid in over $20,000 in taxes this last year which doesn't include all the local sales taxes we paid, that doesn't include vehicle registration tax on six vehicles which include a truck a SUV one car, two motorcycles and one scooter and the inspection sticker tax on all of them.

I feel I've paid plenty of my share so I can ride a motorized bike on my local roads and streets.

The idea that more laws and more government is a good idea along with hyper liberalism is a mental disorder and its a shame way to many states have come down with it.

Im thankful that Texas at least for now isn't one of them.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
And you have just joined my club.
Try $65,000 in taxes.... and just as many , or more rigs.
Oregon is corporate tax ****.
( But at least we have no sales tax.....)
And none of it went to road maintenance.
Only fuel taxes and registration do.
Look man, I am as far from a lib as one can get. Trust me.
But as I sed before.
We ( the people ) elected these rule righter's ( or allow'd them to be elected) by shear complacency.
I hear people complain all the time about it.. As i'm sure you do to.
But complaining doesn't get the job done.
You gotta do something about it .
Start in the election booth. Join groups or start them to lobby on your behalf.

Just sitting around complaining won't do a thing but allow the ( insert your chosen profanity here ) to keep on doing what they please with your life and $$$$.
My paying the $35 or so to be legal just allows me to not worry about the police or my conscience . And it's my duty ( as I see it )
Trust me it could be worse....
Try looking at the poor Ausies .
**** you can't even own a gun there any more. Crocodile Dundee would shi- him self.
Pick your country in Europe . 75% tax rate is the norm there.
And you don't even want to look at there annual registration fees...
We Americans are VERY VERY lucky.
Laziness and shear stupidity may wipe that luck away very soon.
Good example: Californians keep electing Nancy Foolosi.........and Jerry Clown types.
I just don't get it......
Just to be fair Oregonians are just as bad ........... Can you say Kitzhaber ?
Our own home grown embarrassment....
Vote often and vote in an educated manner.
Ignore the party line.
This isn't a foot ball game.
Who's side wins isn't as important as is whats good for the country.
Now my rant is through......
I again apologize.
Politics suck..........

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
And you have just joined my club.
Try $65,000 in taxes.... and just as many , or more rigs.
Oregon is corporate tax ****.
( But at least we have no sales tax.....)
And none of it went to road maintenance.
Only fuel taxes and registration do.
Look man, I am as far from a lib as one can get. Trust me.
But as I sed before.
We ( the people ) elected these rule righter's ( or allow'd them to be elected) by shear complacency.
I hear people complain all the time about it.. As i'm sure you do to.
But complaining doesn't get the job done.
You gotta do something about it .
Start in the election booth. Join groups or start them to lobby on your behalf.

Just sitting around complaining won't do a thing but allow the ( insert your chosen profanity here ) to keep on doing what they please with your life and $$$$.
My paying the $35 or so to be legal just allows me to not worry about the police or my conscience . And it's my duty ( as I see it )
Trust me it could be worse....
Try looking at the poor Ausies .
**** you can't even own a gun there any more. Crocodile Dundee would shi- him self.
Pick your country in Europe . 75% tax rate is the norm there.
And you don't even want to look at there annual registration fees...
We Americans are VERY VERY lucky.
Laziness and shear stupidity may wipe that luck away very soon.
Good example: Californians keep electing Nancy Foolosi.........and Jerry Clown types.
I just don't get it......
Just to be fair Oregonians are just as bad ........... Can you say Kitzhaber ?
Our own home grown embarrassment....
Vote often and vote in an educated manner.
Ignore the party line.
This isn't a foot ball game.
Who's side wins isn't as important as is whats good for the country.
Now my rant is through......
I again apologize.
Politics suck..........

LOL......Now my wife would say honey that guy sounds just like you.....!

Ditto..100%

we have most of what is wrong because we the people have been put to sleep and the education system has become a place of indoctrination rather then education, how do we preserve what made a nation great if the next generation are clueless to what made it great.

Yes we have it good compared to some, but you are right we're loosing it a little more everyday and if people don't wake up soon I don't really think it can be reversed.

Now on the Crocodile Dundee, I read that the fella that that movie mas made to portray was a real back woodsman and that when all the ultra strict gun laws were enacted in Aussie, that the government told the fella he was gonna have to turn over all or at least most his guns and when he refuse they did him just like what happened here at Ruby ridge basically and he was killed.

I haven't researched this to see what all the actual truth about it is, but it doesn't surprise me in the world we all live in nowadays.

I know politics is a no no on here so I guess we better put a lid on this now, but I agree with what you said here boxcar and thank you for being a patriot and having the wisdom to see through the smoke screen that has blinded so many in this America.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I actually got a customer at my shop who has one and he dropped it off with me to fix last week, he said he knew about mine because he saw me going down the street in the mornings and followed me to the shop one day but didn't stop because he had to go to work. once I get his bike running I'll try to talk him into going on a few rides around the area.
El Gallo,
I'm on the southside right off Military and Bynum, my shop is at 2011 Quintana and you can stop by sometime if you're in the area. I got a perfect open stretch of road that's hardly ever busy and about a half mile long for speed testing or tuning on and it's about a mile from the shop. I ride mine mostly in the morning to get breakfast on since the resturaunt is just up the street from the shop. Occasionally I have time to ride on the weekends or after hours but since I keep my bike at the shop that's how I get more time to ride it since I come in about an hour early every day.
i know all about not having time to just ride around just to ride around. for myself i got a new born and two others plus the wife. most of my riding is going to heb for bread and pasta.
i will to make it out to your shop maybe next week, i would like to ride the mb out to you, this week is going to be cold.