Some improvements on my daily ride...

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well I've decided to continue using the exhaust pipe off of a 1980 Peugeot 102SP, it sounds and works great and has a unique look as well. I lowered the rear gas tank/rack and moved it back about 2" as well...it just clears the rear tire nicely and is even more rigid now while lowering the center of gravity. I also put an NGK iridium plug (NGK CR7HIX) and it runs snappier than ever. Fixed my double alloy kickstand with some 3/8" stainless steel rod. Here's a few pics:

Oh, I gutted the pawls of a broken 11t drive freewheeler and put it on the idler bracket...smooth as silk!

They are all small improvements, but they all add up and make riding more of a blast....cheers!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Dave...would you like to trade your Boxxer for it?laffdance1lafflaff

Maybe we could just race for pink slips at deathrace next year instead then...laff

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thanks Dave...would you like to trade your Boxxer for it?laffdance1lafflaff

Maybe we could just race for pink slips at deathrace next year instead then...laff
Next year? We should be racing this October, then again in January if everything goes correctly. I know P1 would like for us to have at least monthly races, but I just don't see enough riders interested.

Pink Slips? Nah you don't want to do that...

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
Nice work Scotto! I like your fuel tank arrangement and that Surly fork. I'm also gonna keep an eye peeled for a sprocket like you found to use as an idler wheel on the chain tensioner. Great innovation there for sure. How's the 4 stroke run for you? Tyreslider's little 4's seem to get going pretty good, I'd wager he's getting 40mph or so out of his latest build on a Worksman Newsboy.

I also have a Puch moped exhaust similar in shape and dimensions to your Pug muffler there, it's going on my wife's Grubee Skyhawk build on an old JC Higgins. That bike is just cute as a button, can't wait to finish it and show it to you all.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Next year? We should be racing this October, then again in January if everything goes correctly. I know P1 would like for us to have at least monthly races, but I just don't see enough riders interested.

Pink Slips? Nah you don't want to do that...
That is great to hear...racing in October! Please keep us (me) posted on any upcoming events like this, would love to join ya. Any thought of separating classes, say like 2-stroke/4-stroke?

And yeah, I'd hate to just give you my 30mph cruiser by being blown away by a 40+mph rocket, hehe!

Nice work Scotto! I like your fuel tank arrangement and that Surly fork. I'm also gonna keep an eye peeled for a sprocket like you found to use as an idler wheel on the chain tensioner. Great innovation there for sure. How's the 4 stroke run for you? Tyreslider's little 4's seem to get going pretty good, I'd wager he's getting 40mph or so out of his latest build on a Worksman Newsboy.

I also have a Puch moped exhaust similar in shape and dimensions to your Pug muffler there, it's going on my wife's Grubee Skyhawk build on an old JC Higgins. That bike is just cute as a button, can't wait to finish it and show it to you all.
Thanks Steve, that's just an 11t freewheel drive sprocket from a 4G kit with the pawls removed so it spins freely both ways. And this little 4-stroke runs like a CHAMP....I ride it everyday and love it!

And yes that Puch pipe is nearly identical, it should work great on the Skyhawk as well as look great on the JC. Cheers, can't wait to see the pics!

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
That is great to hear...racing in October! Please keep us (me) posted on any upcoming events like this, would love to join ya. Any thought of separating classes, say like 2-stroke/4-stroke?
Man I am always being asked about classes. I have spoken to Roland about it and he said it was all up to use racers. Right now its just a outlaw rebel kind of thing and race what you got.

I should start a thread about it to get some input. There are some guys out there that call me a cheater. What got me was this one guy who called me a cheater was lapped twice buy a China motor? he was not even anywhere close to the front so was the Blue Fox who lapped him twice cheating? Don't rag on us cause we take it more seriously then others and spend months practicing and preparing for the race. It's a giving fact that Foureasy is at the top when it comes to HP, I wish he would spend a little more track time so he can improve. My bike wont touch his if he hits the corners right. I wont be top dog forever, I have been paying attention to whats going on and there might be some bikes showing up that I cant even keep up with. But you wont hear me crying like a baby that they are cheating.

I think we all need to get together and decide do we want a well organized races with rules and classes? I know Spooky Tooth does not have the time to do this so it's up to us, and who is gonna take on this responsibility?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Man I am always being asked about classes. I have spoken to Roland about it and he said it was all up to use racers. Right now its just a outlaw rebel kind of thing and race what you got.

I should start a thread about it to get some input. There are some guys out there that call me a cheater. What got me was this one guy who called me a cheater was lapped twice buy a China motor? he was not even anywhere close to the front so was the Blue Fox who lapped him twice cheating? Don't rag on us cause we take it more seriously then others and spend months practicing and preparing for the race. It's a giving fact that Foureasy is at the top when it comes to HP, I wish he would spend a little more track time so he can improve. My bike wont touch his if he hits the corners right. I wont be top dog forever, I have been paying attention to whats going on and there might be some bikes showing up that I cant even keep up with. But you wont hear me crying like a baby that they are cheating.

I think we all need to get together and decide do we want a well organized races with rules and classes? I know Spooky Tooth does not have the time to do this so it's up to us, and who is gonna take on this responsibility?
Yeah, believe me fair, I know exactly what you're sayin here. If my automobile wasn't out of comission at the time, I was definetly gonna be at the last deathrace. And pretty much knowing what too expect, was probably gonna opt for my 4-stroke, just for fun. If I brought the 2-stroke, it would be on a more serious note. And I'm certainly not the guy who enters an OPEN class race and call's anybody a cheater....that's just (basically) wrong!!! Looks like it's time to dust off that old CR500 motor that's just sittin it the garage...hehe. J/K!

Seriously though, I'd like to make it to any events (and as many) as possible...believe me. Was gonna start a post on the forum as well too see if people were interested in having a somewhat structured race regarding classes and such. I do love racing! Now if only California would drop off into the sea, I'd be alot closer to the track!

Cheers bro, keep me posted.