Stock exhaust mod?

GoldenMotor.com

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
race car trick,put on new pipe,go for a good rip,cut pipe off where burned part ends and a tuned exhaust is born.i know there's more of a science to it.
i noticed a line where the heated area is different on my 48cc stock exhaust,i guess that is the catalytic convertor part heating the shell.

jats

Mar 13, 2012
oregon
cool trick, been on several rides so wiil repaint exhaust and give it a try. what about the muffler guts? how do you get them out? mine dose not have the screws on top to release the outer tube

jats

Mar 13, 2012
oregon
love the burn video! howed you get the guts out? can you leave them in? did you trim the stock tube?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Here's my two cents on Xchambers...

The hot exhaust expands as it flows out, the front cone of the Xchamber helps suck it out.
the end cone on the chamber sends a pressure wave back up the pipe to force some of the fuel charge back into the cylinder that has passed through, with the exhaust going out.
the size of the chamber, the length of the header to the chamber, and the reverse cone at the end of the chamber are variables similar to playing different notes on a trombone.
Longer, you get a deeper resonant note.
Shorter, it makes a high pitch resonance.
Resonance is the power band.

the actual outlet from the chamber is important.
stock, they are too small. mostly to avoid noise.
about 11mm is a good place to start testing.

LOUD is gonna be the fastest, most powerful.
but yah gotta try to balance things between power you might like to have, and sitting alongside the road discussing things with enforcement people called by your neighbors.

It's gonna be the noise, more than the blinding flash of speed, that draws enforcement attention to you, on a motorized bicycle!

Yes, I'm a proud member of the 20mph club! lol

Good luck
rc

Oh, increasing the header length to abt 20" to the muffler can seems to help.

jats

Mar 13, 2012
oregon
today I'm going to set up the glade can thing, yesterday I bought fuel and went to a synthetic oil and premium gas that helped a lot with the sputtering. the oil i got said it covers 32:1, 40:1 and 50:1 kind of leery about it but am going to watch it like a hawk! Has any body tried building baffles like on the old poweroll exhausts from the 80's? we ran them on dirt bikes both 2 and 4 strokes.