I'm Getting a Moped Instead

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Hi:
I have a moped and I am going to a electric bicycle. I want some thing that I can put in the trunk of the car. When I have my car or truck worked on I can ride the bicycle home. I can not lift the moped in and out of the trunk. I could have 30 years ago , but not at 76. And I do not have the paper work to keep up with on a bicycle and no insurance required for bike. To each his own
I keep my Razor scooter in the trunk for that same purpose, in case I get stuck on the road. Originally they sold for $100, but I bought one years ago on sale for $19.95.

Fun to ride, and I'm 62..rd.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Seriously.. Pedaling 10 miles a day is nothing NOTHING.. Unless you lost both feet or was shot in the foot or have plastic legs.. Then yeah.. Who needs an electric bike until the super capacitors are released anyway.. If ever.. No distance.. Why bother with gomer made Lithium junk packs. If they short out it's like taking a hit on the stock market. You should stick with NIMH and a bike engine on the front or rear with electric hub(s). Get the 5 speed folding bike..... Moped... At least a cable lock can thread through a frame.. A moped gets locked through the wheel or something?

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Fair and I saw the cutest little electric on a busy street today. It had 10" wheels, (maybe smaller) and a rack that held a case big enough to put the bike inside, if it folded. I've never seen anything like it.
Something you'd expect Inspector Gadget would ride, then fold up and put it in his pocket. :D

Last edited:

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Find me a Chopper Moped with 5 Speeds and tons of attitude that will do 44 mph
and I might be in.......otherwise, store bought mopeds are dorkalicious... =-]'

'BrettMavriK

oldcliff

Feb 9, 2009
Wilmington Ohio
Roadkill, sorry I didn't get back before now. My MAB has a chinese 80cc (actually66cc) engine. I also added a schwin repo springer front fork and alloy rims. It runs about 30mph, and the neighborhood kids love it. I'll post pics as soon as I can get a new camera up and going.

Oldcliff

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Seriously.. Pedaling 10 miles a day is nothing NOTHING.. Unless you lost both feet or was shot in the foot or have plastic legs.. Then yeah..
Nah, pedaling is hard for me to get to bike 6 miles to work. I'd be sweating, then have to sit in an air-conditioned office with co-workers who think it's uncool to drink anything but bottled water.

Besides I'm 62 in good but not excellent health.

It's too much work and not enough fun to pedal six miles to work.

On days that I have to go to night school, I load my wife's 24-inch bike into my van and drive to work. Parking is really scarce, so I might have to park more than 1/4 mile from my office. so wherever I find parking, I unload the bike and pedal to my free bike parking(covered and secure) and walk down a flight of stairs to my office.(Either that or my son drops me off at work, then I walk three blocks to my college and someone picks me up after school. Too dangerous to ride my bike home at night.

Parking for all two-wheeled vehicles are free, whereas car owners pay from $48-$81/month
to park. Either that or they come to work early and look for limited street parking.

In a building w/more than 200 workers, two of us ride bikes to work. However,for the past two weeks I'm the only bikerider. :):-||

Riding my motorized bike to work is like a 25-minute carnival ride..shft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.