gt2-a frame

GoldenMotor.com

ru14real

Jan 7, 2016
warrenville
I have noticed that these gt2-a frames are quite popular for motorized bikes. My question is where does everyone here go to get them. I am looking for a reputable dealer and not just a chinese importer of these frames, because i have heard that they tend to crack. So I guess i am looking for a consensious, or at least a few good places where i can check them out

thanks

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I got mine on eBay and it came with the china box ripped open at the ends and head set bearings missing and a bent chainstay end. All they would need to do is add a piece of shipping tape to the box to prevent the damage and lost parts. Nothing a crowbar couldn't fix and the company send another headset and the replacement set was missing the bearings again...errrrrrrr. I had 2 of everything except the bearings . They tried.

I'm going to buy another Gt frame and do another new build soon too

Mech

Dec 24, 2015
East Bay
I'm building one right now.
I got mine from gasbike.
I really like it.
Price was perfect.
Flaws?
Yes.
3 small dents on the tank area.
The tank is off centered a tad, but that being said I've seen off centered tanks from non knock off bikes.
1/8 of an inch off still not centered.
I'm a union pipe fitter so I am trained to see all flaws.
Dents are no big deal for me.
My older brother rebuilds classic cars, so body work and paint doesn't scare me at all.
The off centered issue is a thing I think I can adjust to.
Alloy wise I'm not sure.
It's only like a hundred bucks so I'm ok with the gamble.
Andy

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I wonder if anyone on the forum has ordered on of the pre-painted GT2A frames from mzmiami and if the paint was any good?

Sam90lx

Sep 29, 2015
Ventura CA
I wonder if anyone on the forum has ordered on of the pre-painted GT2A frames from mzmiami and if the paint was any good?
You saw those too huh? Who knows until it's right in front of you.
Fortunately I have a Powder Coater next door to me.

sissytrikerider

Jun 25, 2011
buffalo
I working on putting mine together now, got it at jakes a couple years ago. Theres a new model out there with a wider rear end for 3 in tires and hub options i couldnt see gitting bigger wheels then my wheels with out chain rub. I dont think my first choice of 2in rims would have cleared. I have a comfortable amount of clerence with no rub (yet to ride.)
What are you doing motor? 2smoke? 4stroke? Harbor freighter?

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Got mine from gas bike.didn't know it was a knockoff. How can you tell. The price was good
I don't know how one can tell if its a knock off. Check the forum for info.
Anyhow I did order one of the authentic painted ones and it was very nice paint job ( I was surprised at the quality). and came bubble wrapped as I requested. Just note these have the double pull brake tabs for 28 and 26 inch tires plus are said to have longer chain stays. I can confirm the pedestal is drilled only to fit the genuine Grubee motor that has a wider case. as the holes are wider apart for the stud spacing. It Wont fit my PK80 motor without me drilling new holes. That said the paint and clear coat were blemish free, saving me 135 bucks at the powder coater on this build.
Also just remembered the cap is the tall black plastic type ( its a way better fit now) whereas the one I got previously (probably a knock off) had a steel cap that wouldn't close until I ground the seal down a ton on my bench grinder and took a jewelers file to the gas cap opening to smooth it out. I had a dickens of a time getting a petcock to fit also. Got one from Mz and it worked fine. I am going to use the extra brake bungs for a lay back seat supports...
Post some picts of your builds as they come along. I cant get enough of these cool looking GT2a's

I capped my plastic tank cap with a block of wood and a hammer with a bearing dust cap I had laying around. hammered in tighter than heck. I couldn't put up with plastic now could I...

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Here is a side shot of the plastic gas cap I capped (no double pun intended ) It is never coming off that's for sure. The yellow is a metallic yellow and is from a 2008 Honda VTX 1300 color. It sure is eye catching and not for going under the radar. I sanded and filed on my PK 80 motor till my arm fell off. Its ready for silver paint to brighten it up and then fins get polished and install. I'll remove the head and clean up ports a bit after its installed in the frame. Easier for me. Then install the 6.0 FH.

Attachments

Last edited: