Bike of the month poll

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
should i start one titled post year 2000 ht bicycles? cause im not going to loose to antiques w lawnmower engines. no offense
I find it offensive. I'm sure those who have toiled over their "antiques" will too. What appeals to one might not be another's choice. That's why there is a poll. Vote for what you like, ignore the rest.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
should i start one titled post year 2000 ht bicycles? cause im not going to loose to antiques w lawnmower engines. no offense
You're not serious right?
I do all I can to avoid confrontations about this thing we do, but dang frank, there's so many things wrong with that post, I can't NOT say something.
If that is in fact your opinion, you sir, are doomed to loose... constantly. A hand built antique with a lawnmower engine is right in the middle of the zone for what Gas-Bikes are Mr.
I suggest you nominate the builds that are attractive to you, and be sure to mention why. Then pay close attention to the responses you get.
I'd be much happier with you getting on board with the history and provenance of this thing, than maintaining that opinion.
Come on in frank, we're waiting for you...

Trey

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I understand the non-shop idea of nominations, but maybe a shop-built class would work so we could honor builders like CCC, Venice, Sportscarpat, and Bigboy to name a few. Just a thought. All have great examples. As far as different classes go, I think we'll see tons of bikes from every type of builder.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
let's all cool down. i am trying to put something together and it will have many categories so post your suggested categories, i will make it fair as possible and also give t-shirts to the winners. here are my thoughts so far,
2 strokes
4 strokes
diy
antiques
Electric
Dealer and professional builds
if you have other ideas let me know

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I think you covered all the bases there. I like this idea,its a bit more friendly than build offs.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I like the category ideas and was hoping to add them in the coming months if the thread grew. I figured to start with keep it general because I was afraid I would end up with 1 to 3 votes in the varied categories with a winner in none of them. Hopefully what I started grows and we can get some prizes donated and such like Paul mentioned. I am open to anyone running a month or the whole thread for that mater and I will help if wanted. That would give me more time to work on my entry in the green and white, flat bar, single speed, two stroke, aluminum frame, bikes that start with a C and end with an I category that I am really counting on having one month.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i may take you up on your help. i think it will be fun, do you think we should run the contest longer then a month, i know it takes me forever to put a bike togather

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
The motorcycle and bicycle forums I have seen it done on just have generic "bike of the month" polls for any Bike of the make and model of the forum. To me having it run for extended time in certain categories is more of a build off. Build offs are cool and competition brings out the best but are kind of different I would think. The idea came to me somewhere about 6 or 7 pages back in the stretch cruiser category. There was an incredible flat black, sea foam green, with a bit of checker board and copper tubing fuel lines and such CG powered bike that blew away any full size chopper I had ever seen in my book. Any way that bike made me think I want to vote for this bike in bike of the month and found out there was none on this forum. I am up for whatever you would like to run, it would just be cool to have a thread to recognize some of the incredible labors of love in these pages.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
sounds good, we could have bike of the month vote. no categories and people can only win once, that way i think it would be fair to everyone, how does that sound?

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
That sounds good. I think all the category and build off ideas should be done also though. I went to vote for a private bike last night but it was shop built when you read about it so I am torn. Nothing against shop builds I just want to nominate a private one off for the first month at least. Maybe at first we should rotate the idea/theme every month?

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I have been working hard on my entry in the green and white, 700c, single speed, 2 stroke CG powered, aluminum frame bikes that begin in C and end in I category. If someone recommends that class I will have a jump on the competition!

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i was thinking about putting my own ride in the current contest. all the bikes are nice. i dont feel i have "the nicest looking gasbike ever"

i think the gasbikes should have many many classes. just make it up as you go :)

each of the fine entries deserve an award for something....

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
maybe you can take this idea to the next level i dont know :)

you could vote a single winner but funny awards could be given to each of the entries. maybe that will start more specific contests and more voted winners.

frank

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
if you win an award in a contest you are immediatly entered into another contest based on the award given to your bike in the previous contest. something like that.

i guess it would snowball quickly so the judge will have to decide on the specifics.

Last edited: