new bike cylinder wont move-help!

GoldenMotor.com

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
You know, they really should have big warnings on these kits: Every piece of mounting hardware and cylinder stud in this kit is made from recycled soda cans. Our workers frequently leave metal shavings and other bits of trash inside motors, thoroughly disassemble and rework upon receipt.

But besides that. What you'll want to do is dismount your motor completly, put it on your work bench (Or kitchen table, lacking a work bench) unbolt the cylinder head, and try and slip the cylinder off the piston. If it won't go, spray the piston down with some WD40 and let it sit overnight.
If the cylinder DOES come off the piston, your problem is somewhere else in the system.

While you're waiting: Read every single thing you can about these motors, they're not toys and they're about as far from maintainence free as you can physically get. If you've not got the stomach for a challenge, or some major retooling work, send it back, get your money back, and spend it on something else, because these bikes aren't for the faint or heart or the mechanically disinclined.

thanks alot. before receiving this i called tech support at piston bikes. they told me to move the bolt holding the magnet for the magneto this was connected to the crankshaft and so it moved the piston, which stuck at the bottom a little on each rotation, after many rotations i was able to start it, and it worked itself out. very helpful piston bikes, and tohri

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
No problem, and honestly that's the first time I've heard of piston bikes' Tech support delivering on any kind of real help.

Remember, get reaaaaal comfortable with 2 strokes in general, and all the tech behind these little motors in particular real fast. it'll save you a lot of pain down the road. no pun intended.