First Time Bike Build

GoldenMotor.com

Elaia_Lychnia

Jul 15, 2011
Canada
Hey everyone,

I am looking to build my first bike. I want to build a stretch cruiser and then put a motor on it.

I was thinking of getting my parts through a company like BicycleDesigner.com sells custom bicycles, bike parts, lowrider bikes, cruiser bicycles, chopper bicycles, and trike parts. - but I am willing to go elsewhere if you recommend it.

I would love to get your help in putting together a parts list for all required parts I need to order.

I am looking for something that is low cost, but without sacrificing quality.

I'm looking to building something that looks like this - 2507 Gliderider

I am looking to build something simple, yet comfortable and durable.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks.

Elaia_Lychnia

Jul 15, 2011
Canada
Thanks - I have actually decided to simply purchase a bike from an online supplier - at the recommendation of one of the other members.

I am looking at getting the Firmstrong Urban Deluxe. I am not sure which is the best motor kit for that unit, however - so if you have any ideas for me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
I can't say bad things about letting others do the first build if one has limited experience.
I am in California and the only "retailer" I know of is Motorized Bikes | Motorized Bicycle | Gas Bike | Gas Powered Bike | Bicycle engines

I just finished installing a second motor on the Giant Boulder I own today so I now have more experience with "building" a bike.

It's simple and complex all at the same time. Simple if we know how to or have help in doing.
This site is excellent. Good people.

Welcome.