Morini Motor VS China Girl Motor

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Re: Morini VS China Girl

And before a guy makes a post about uber speed. i will be using one geared out to top out where the china does. This for me means no slow take offs. It not always how fast you go but how fast you can go fast that is the fun.

I will be able to run mine in mountain trails!

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca

Dude Goat - why you gotta dis walmart- lol . i think my walmart schwinn is pretty bad ass for what it is. It aint gonna go 55 or 60 with the china girl limitations, but ****, considering the low cost of entry, it's worth every penny. BTW one thing that is disappointing is that schwinns are made in china (when did that happen). Do we even make anything in america anymore???

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Dude Goat - why you gotta dis walmart- lol . i think my walmart schwinn is pretty bad ass for what it is. It aint gonna go 55 or 60 with the china girl limitations, but ****, considering the low cost of entry, it's worth every penny. BTW one thing that is disappointing is that schwinns are made in china (when did that happen). Do we even make anything in america anymore???

We Americans make great importation. Everything is made in China, except the Morini. My youngest son says "China, China, China........everything is made in China".laff

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Their frames can crack. There bikes are not all that for a full size adult. I don't like there brakes. The stock rear wheels will go through spokes. If the coaster brake hubs are not pampered they lock up.

While some guy's only weigh about 130 pounds wet. Have a good read and read every one of these and make up your mind?
frame cracked - Google Search

If you just want to cruise around and put to me that's peachy. I don't ride that way all the time.

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/warning-schwinn-point-beach-riders-4327.html

http://motorbicycling.com/f41/its-dejavu-all-over-again-21946.html

I can come up with a bicycle meant for a Morini that ways in at a total of about 70 80 pounds.

Last edited:

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca

Goat your hardcore dude!!! You should see what i did to my last coaster break. Due to all the weight and stress put on the shimano cb110 hub, one day while i was riding all of a sudden my rear wheel locked up and after skidding a considerable distance, I looked at the rear and i completely sheered off the coaster break arm and upon further inspection the internals were completely fried also.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Goat your hardcore dude!!! You should see what i did to my last coaster break. Due to all the weight and stress put on the shimano cb110 hub, one day while i was riding all of a sudden my rear wheel locked up and after skidding a considerable distance, I looked at the rear and i completely sheered off the coaster break arm and upon further inspection the internals were completely fried also.
My goal since interning this hobby has been to refine the ultimate Machine. The kind ya just don't ever have to work on.

Chin's are great motors I have run a great many mile with them. While to me they are a bit of a kit in them selves. They can be very reliable and run awesome for many a mile too. We have folks here that claim 10,000 miles on them. Its all in taking care of them and knowing what you got. I would suggest in light of the pervervial denial of the wally that the inexperienced need not get a morini! Untill they have encounter every obstacle with this hobby.

Many Many folks seam to be happy with there wallys there just not for me. Like an old boss told me even cheep tools are unacceptable to a degree [with wrenching] it is important to know what you got is all.

My first bike was a schwinn searcher I put a lot of miles on that bike went through three back tires and wheels normal wear and tear accept for a nail at 35 miles an hour. The frame never broke I looked like a circus bear on it. It was my proving grounds. I had down hill forks on it too.

I learned a lot from that one lol.

Last edited:

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca

I totally see your point - i have a few old steel frame bikes and let me tell you, the bikes they make today are no where near the gage of steel they used to use. Alot bikes i see these days are much more flimsy.

scottmanesis

Dec 30, 2010
Austin, TX

We make Harleys. I think the Victory's come from Canada.
We assemble Harleys! Many of the parts on many of my bikes say "Made in Taiwan" also the fuel injection system is Delphi "Made in Germany".

I would say that an American Honda has as many if not more American parts on it than a Harley does these days.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

I have a small Zippo collection and I used to work at a Harley dealership.
I saw many genuine Harley parts that were labeled: made in Korea, China, Bangladesh, Singapore, Pakistan, Japan, Germany, and others I cannot recall right now.
They are really a global motorcycle that is assembled in U.S.A.
Victory is a Canadian- American company.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA

Quote this is funny now we will have 8 pages of how it is so wrong. God bless the ol boy for making us a real proof video and living to tell about it. With out a proof video there would be folks swearing there china was faster.

This is my point ;)

This is not my video and I don't condone breaking the law ether or jeopardizing our hobby or folks safety.
iv had my china motor going fast. but that motor is snappy and without a doubt faster then any china motor i have ever seen. and the ride looked like alot of fun and proved its point! well done...

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA

Does the morini motor have an automatic clutch?

The china girl has a lever clutch, is the clutch in the Morini a centrifugal or pull lever clutch?

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california

Hi. I just came from the morini usa web site after reading this interesting thread. It says that all morini engines are currently not in production. They refer customers of 50cc competition engines to DCE brand website which I believe is looking for investors for production start-up. Maybe morini faced foreign competition, environmental agency pressure and other stuff all at the same time. It seems that products made by people who live and breathe what they are building don't survive when the business climate changes. They probably had a narrow profit margin for the engines and compensated for that off the parts department? High quality, well built merchandise must appeal to a small facet of customers. I believe the morini was one of the best engines available in terms of: engineering, size, weight, power, reliability and good looks as it applies to motorized bicycles. I'm sorry. Thankyou.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal

Hi. I just came from the morini usa web site after reading this interesting thread. It says that all morini engines are currently not in production. They refer customers of 50cc competition engines to DCE brand website which I believe is looking for investors for production start-up. Maybe morini faced foreign competition, environmental agency pressure and other stuff all at the same time. It seems that products made by people who live and breathe what they are building don't survive when the business climate changes. They probably had a narrow profit margin for the engines and compensated for that off the parts department? High quality, well built merchandise must appeal to a small facet of customers. I believe the morini was one of the best engines available in terms of: engineering, size, weight, power, reliability and good looks as it applies to motorized bicycles. I'm sorry. Thankyou.
Glad I got mine (and spare parts) while the getting was good. The reason these things make so much power is the RPM. When you can spin any motor to 13,500 RPM you will have power. I dont ride my Morini as much as I do my Golden Eagles but in a lot of ways the Morini is safer because its louder and I can own a lane. My S6s will beet my 2001 Ford Superduty to 55mph, so Im going with traffic instead of being constantly passed.

Krealitygroup

Mar 16, 2013
Earth

What's up Yall. I have a china girl in which I broke the engine housing, and possibly screwed up the clutch.. I know I should probably "learn" on this engine.. But I need something uber reliable.. and for the price of someone putting a kit on for me I could get this morini.. 40cc..

http://www.denardisengines.com/40cc.html

What do you think?dance1

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay

That's not a Morini, its a Polini pocketbike clone motor, and no it won't be reliable. The 9 HP KTM50 clone is reliable for a race motor, but its highly stressed and needs magnetos, coils, and engine parts to keep it going, more often than a HT would. If you want very reliably I think you should shoot for a four stroke.