stupid threaded rods

GoldenMotor.com

kyl 46&2

Apr 12, 2010
MN
speaking of carb leakage is there any way to fix that. i've got two builds and both leak. whats the purpose for that little screw. the stock rubber washer is crap. i haven't tried to hard to find something better yet but man does that little drip make a big mess.

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
if you frequent the bike shop enough they should order it for you It will probably be cheaper for you to have them order it cause then you might not have to pay for shipping.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
In regards to the carb. leak I am blank but as to the issue of snapping off studs, This can only be caused by your motor not being mounted properly and having weak studs. If you use something between the frame and the mount it is still moving regardless of how slight. When theses engines are mounted securely to the frame, as designed the motor vibrates with the frame. So it is not suggested to do so. just make sure the back mount is securely mounted, and modify the front mount as necessary.

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
killed them all its ok no its not grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i wann ride my bike withen the next week grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr drill biger holes tap and thread k sure grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Put a rubber washer on the carb drain screw. Any hardware store should have them

You can also get the allen head bolts there too.

kyl 46&2

Apr 12, 2010
MN
the washer on the carb drain screw with stock kits suck. i never got around to trying to replace it, instead i just switched over to spooky tooths race carb. the two petcocks prevent the leak very nicely. my only problem ( if you look at this way) is my bike is only happy when its going fast. one day i tried to just putter around 2-4mph on a trail and flooded the carb. oh well. the bike is too rigid for trails anyway. r00t4rd3d is right on, you should be able to find what ever you may need at your general hardware store. make sure your mount to the seat post is flush! you'll save your self hours of frustration. i used JB epoxy putty on the down tube mount to fill the gaps. some around here may argue the quality of this product but its workin for me so far. i've had a few wipeouts too and everything is still tight. enjoy your first build mbneophite

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
I noticed the torque from my motor is pulling it to the left no matter how tight I tighten the new 6mm grage 8 rod. It was making me paranoid that it would eventually snap the rods. I ended up tapping a 6mm bolt hard up on the LHS of the motor mount and tightened the motor to the frame aswell with a 10mm washer. Hopefully this will prevent the motor shifting and turning/leaning snapping the rods.