my first bike

GoldenMotor.com

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
my first bike and i am so excited but i got it together and i am now trying to figure out why it will not start wish me luck:-||
When I first got mine together I was having a little trouble starting it and someone told me to start with the choke up and that solved the problem.

Brent436

Feb 14, 2010
Massachusetts
Good luck. I just recently installed my new 48cc Grubbee Skyhawk on my bike and I'm still having trouble getting it running. I do recommend changing the stock spark plug with a better one because mine is firing a lot more often with a new champion plug. It was barely firing at all with the stock plug. Good luck!

-Brent

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Try post ur trouble in the chat room, if ur still having trouble....u will get fast instant responce from one or more experts.
U probably got it runnin by now any way.
If not,don't be impateint, and don't be so sad....ur motor is brand new and it will eventualy start. It will fire up, and when it does,ur gonna be alot more than happy!!! -a lot more like overwhelmed.

Attachments

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
There are a few people here more knowledgeable than myself, but I remembered something that I haven't seen mentioned yet: have you checked the plug gap? That gave me trouble with my Puch until I thought to check it. (That, and Perkoff beat me to the punch with the choke suggestion.) Don't give up, persist and you'll hear it run.