Building a 1930s Board Track Racer Replica

GoldenMotor.com

DreamMachine

Aug 11, 2013
Towanda, Pa.
drn2 Hello all, new member with a few old 1960s Hondas. I've always loved the look of the 1920s and 30s board track racer motorcycles. I saw on Ebay where a guy had a 1920s Indian board track racer replica for sale. He apparently has built a few and I think they sold fairly low. The going price seems to be around $2300. I love the look and would love to build one! He has an 80cc motor for the drive train. What would be even cooler would be like an upgrade 250cc motor to actually ride down the road!usflg I'm not sure if any of these parts can be bought or if they are all custom made, for the most part anyway. I would LOVE to buy a kit of one of these, but I imagine no such things exists. I don't have mostly hand tools and a cheap gas less mig welder. If I could build one of these over the winter in my house, it would keep me sane during these cold, dark days of winter that are coming up! Ride safe and thanks ahead for any help! Jack usflg

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
drn2 Hello all, new member with a few old 1960s Hondas. I've always loved the look of the 1920s and 30s board track racer motorcycles.

I would LOVE to buy a kit of one of these,
but I imagine no such things exists. I don't have mostly hand tools and a cheap gas less mig welder. If I could build one of these over the winter in my house,
Welcome to the forum. :)

Yes, there are kits to build a pretty authentic board track racer with
a large range of motors that will fit.

Sportsman Flyer and Silver State Cycles have board track frames, tanks,
seats and all kinds of parts to build one.

Taylar Motorbikes does some really nice custom board track bikes too.

What is your budget for your build?

DreamMachine

Aug 11, 2013
Towanda, Pa.
Thanks! I appreciate the reply and info! Not sure what my budget is or should be? I guess it probably depends on whether or not I could actually ride it legally on the road or if it would be mainly just for the sheer art of the bike. You know, just to look at mostly! lol I think it would be cool to take to bike shows and such. I love seeing something that is so different, like this would be! It would be so cool to ride around town and to work as I only live 7 miles from where I work. I think it would be much appreciated as I work with mostly mechanics at a plant that makes doors and windows. Lots of bikes there that are ridden to work on a regular basis. Thanks as always! Jack

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Welcome to the forum. There are a few guys who ride legally in PA, I know of one who's motorbike is his transportation to work. As far as building a board tracker there are kits and the DIY style of buying the parts separately and coming up with your own. Some advice look through the board tracker section and read up on some builds see what catches your eye, a lot of it really depends on what you are able to do yourself or are willing to learn. Start with good bones a nice solid frame and good wheels and brakes on 2 wheels and go from there.

Last edited: