Womens Issues

GoldenMotor.com

redeyerat

Aug 7, 2011
west side of canada on a rock
Heres two of the possible three motors i have to use, the other would be a 50cc Chinagirl i have.

3HP Briggs with centrifugal clutch....

Villiers 98cc....

Although the Villiers would look a lot lot better for this build i think the Briggs would be a lot more friendly to ride for my girlfriend. Any thoughts?

I think i might run another sheave if i use either of these two engines or if i use the 50cc obviously i will use a chain and sprocket.
nice build! wondering where that clutch came from and how much?

thank you

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Its been raining here for a few days (we needed it) and ive found it hard to move from the couch, but i did a little this morning: i scut down the throttle assembly i had....

Before:

After:

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I fitted the stainless steel fender brackets i made to the guards, i sanded them up and gave them a polish and they came up like chrome.

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
It seems when i organsed my photobucket account all the photos i moved have disappeared, i guess i have to manually relink them..... sucks to be me

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Update on this bike....

I intended to have this bike done a year ago for 'Greazefest' which is a fairly big ratrod/lowbrow style car/bike show along with my Villiers bike. Well i was a couple of days too late to have this bike ready, i then ended up not taking my Villiers but still attended the show.

Well the show is a couple of weeks away and i entered AGAIN, and probably left things a little late AGAIN, but i never do things the easy way LOL.

The bike was left for the last year as the last picture shows. I sort of lost interest in it as the white paint on the tank and guards went very yellow much to my dismay. Im fairly sure it was the clear that yellowed and ive had this issue on another bike. I just figured it was my amateurish painting techniques. I presumed that i hadnt let the white dry and it leached into the clear.

So over the last couple of days i have stripped the tank, engine cover, primary cover and guards and are in the process of repainting them. I went and bought the same paint, Dulux Spraypak, a quality paint.

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/is-bi...L-B2C/en_NZ/product/large/9300611145451_l.jpg

Before i sparayed the clear i thought i should do some more internet research (i had done some last year but couldnt find much), and this time i found this article. Its a model builder who built a very detailed plane model and spent quite some time laying decals before applying clear. It turned very yellow. So the model builder sent a letter to Dulux and found that Dulux claim the 'Clear' is actually 'Honey' colored. It doesnt say this anywhere. Extremely annoyed to say the least.

http://www.notgoodenough.org/viewtopic.php?t=18346&view=previous

Im presuming the above is true and i now need to buy another brand clear. I just hope it doesnt have a bad reaction with the Dulux paint i have already resprayed.

Anybody had a similar issue with their paint? Any advice would be appreciated.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
A bigger portion of the guys are useing high temp engine paint like Rust-Oleum ,also there is tractor paint that is tough.................Curt

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks Curt, I was considering that tough paint (tractor paint) that you can apply with a brush, I believe Silverbear used something similar. I've seen this sort of paint used at work.

Unfortunately I have already applied new paint to most of my parts, but fortunately haven't applied the clear yet.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Silverbear uses spray can PM him and he can tell you the brand name. Try the high engine temp spray can clear on a small spot and see what happens.............Curt

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
I bought a 8gal air compressor and a help gun for my v-twin build and I no longer dread painting. However before I had that I always used Duplicolor paint. I doubt you have that in Australia but it is just your basic automotive spray paint from any parts store.

If you are looking for a clear that is more durable and chemical resistant check out 2k clear coat. Its actually a regular 2part auto paint in a spray can

http://www.google.com/search?client...,cf.osb&fp=ff321a5094905045&biw=1988&bih=1135

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I bought a 8gal air compressor and a help gun for my v-twin build and I no longer dread painting. However before I had that I always used Duplicolor paint. I doubt you have that in Australia but it is just your basic automotive spray paint from any parts store.

If you are looking for a clear that is more durable and chemical resistant check out 2k clear coat. Its actually a regular 2part auto paint in a spray can

http://www.google.com/search?client...sb&fp=ff321a5094905.duh.045&biw=1988&bih=1135
I actually just bought myself a compressor the other week. I think I will have to invest in some painting equipment and leave the aerosol cans to graffiti artists.... In the meantime I might see if I can find that clear, if not I may ask at an automotive or paint shop. Thanks Lurker

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Anything more to report on this little darling? It's so pretty, I'm going to fly 12,000 miles and change sex to qualify for one.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Yea, well maybe not going that far myself, but was wondering about the extension on the intake to the carb on that Briggs bike.

My build has just a short elbow 90 degree bend to the carb. I have noticed that the engine when running on my bike from a few moments at above idle does not drop back down to idle speed around 1750 rpm when I reduce twist grip throttle back to idle.

There is no governor and it does go fully back to the butterfly all the way closed, but takes maybe 5 to 7 seconds before engine is slowed enough the centrifugal clutch lets go. The bike tries to inch forward slowly when on level ground with this going on.

Is this any problem you have seen?

MT

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I just looked back at this thread. The answer I found. My roughly 40:1 reduction ratio pulley belt system had 1 of the 3 belts slipping and I fixed it. It does go back to idle OK now. It was the wind-up toy effect with 1 extra. The extra was that the rear wheel when stopped with the brakes did not make a continuous stop of motion in the drive train with the slipping belt. The clutch bell was locked up with the engine since it had not yet dropped to idle with the wind-up toy effect.

I have a serious engine braking effect when I let off the throttle going down hills.

Part way through getting the legal sticker from DMV and State Inspection for Off Highway Vehicle.

MT

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=29678&page=13

Robert T Spurlock

Oct 30, 2019
Akron Ohio
I think i put more, heavier coats on the tank then i did with the guards. So im guessing its that. Both the guards and tank were left to properly dry and i think i painted the white at the same time...... I painted a bike for my girlfriends daughter and the white on it went yellowish as well. And it was all dulux products as well
Its possible the white on the tank wasn't completely cured but to tell you the truth it give a more antique look it look great

Last edited:
Reactions: fasteddy

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Old thread 2013, harry is long gone, i think. Not sure why it would yellow, but antique look would be good..........Curt
Don’t mind seeing the old threads. At least it isn’t old threads on the other board where we have to be reminded about Frankenstein every time.

Reactions: fasteddy