Whats the Best plung n wire

GoldenMotor.com

MxG

Dec 28, 2009
long beach , CA
For an 66cc/80cc skyhawk

I've read most of the threads about it but cant find solid answer
does anyone have the same engine with upgraded spark plug and wire that can tell me wat there using??

Mucho thanks

-Alex

.trk

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
For an 66cc/80cc skyhawk

I've read most of the threads about it but cant find solid answer
does anyone have the same engine with upgraded spark plug and wire that can tell me wat there using??

Mucho thanks

-Alex

.trk
Hey mate
I use a ngk bp6hs
Works wellcvlt1

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Copper core is not a must and in fact in our dyno testing makes absolutely no difference. The stock wire offered no performance improvement over a low grade automotive carbon core resistor wire. However the Magnecore wire we use in our plug wires did offer a slight improvement but still would not be perceptible to the rider. The advantage is that it has EMI suppression without being a resistor wire.

As far as plugs everyone seems to rave about the Iridiums which I haven't tried but Pablo did and "Mr. Skeptical" was pretty impressed. The thing he noticed most was much quicker starting and with a high compression head and a Shift Kit that is a nice thing to have. You still can't go wrong with the NGK B5, B6 or B7 HS plugs. The BP's are nice as well if you are running the low compression heads.

Anyway just my two cents worth.

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
Hey mate
I use a ngk bp6hs
Works wellcvlt1

I am looking for a Iridium ngk bpr6hix
Does anyone in austraila know where to buy these???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

As i been searching heaps of place's with no luck

Thanks for all your helpzpt

tintor

Oct 7, 2009
Tulare,calif
I run a ngk-B5HS,8mm msd plug wire and boots this has given me the bestperformance....I have a little experience with motors. I just installed 2 1700hp in my 42ft scater (off shore) boat. I have to say that my 46,66,80cc are a lot more work

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i havent used the iridium plug, 'cause like ghosto said, i don't think they'll be enough of a difference to justify it.

i've had best results with the standard NGK B7HS and the B6HS. i tried a BP7HS which is longer ("P" stands for "projected insulator",) and for some reason my bike didn't like it. it was harder to start and sputtered at top speed.

i run a B7HS in my main bike, 'cause it has a colder heat range (with NGK, the higher the number the colder the plug.) i run my bike at full throttle all the time, and colder plugs work better with high RPMs.

for wires, i buy 7mm copper core, non resistance wire, terminals and boots in bulk and make my own.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
i havent used the iridium plug, 'cause like ghosto said, i don't think they'll be enough of a difference to justify it.

i've had best results with the standard NGK B7HS and the B6HS. i tried a BP7HS which is longer ("P" stands for "projected insulator",) and for some reason my bike didn't like it. it was harder to start and sputtered at top speed.

i run a B7HS in my main bike, 'cause it has a colder heat range (with NGK, the higher the number the colder the plug.) i run my bike at full throttle all the time, and colder plugs work better with high RPMs.

for wires, i buy 7mm copper core, non resistance wire, terminals and boots in bulk and make my own.
Ditto..............
Tom

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I'm running a Stinger 66cc and I am using a B5HS from SBP. The plug runs great and now that I tuned the carb right I have a perfect toasty tan color on it. As for a plug wire I got a foot of Belkin metallic core wire from napa along with a red 90 degree silicone boot and a terminal. I cut it to size and popped it in and I swear with this combo everything runs much better!