Getting close.

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool Kip. Is a high lighting em off for the first time. Update us often! When she does fire up the first time, the cheers you hear in you head will be all of us rooting for ya!

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Thanks Dan, it's getting hard to stay calm and patient as I approach the final countdown. I realized that my enthusiasm got the best of me when I remembered that the petcock never got any teflon tape in preparation for final assembly! I'll take it in stride, just about every component has been on and off at least a dozen times.

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
WOW! we ought to have a "slow race" when you (we) finish....

I have a Moon Dog that is STILL 89% built, and I started on it in August of '08.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Holy crap! Went into the the shop today to add a quality ignition cable and do a simple wiring job on the CDI. Added some old oil gas mixture from my weed-whacker, pedaled and let out the clutch. It's a runner! What a riot. Taking ones time and checking things along the way pays off. Also there is so much great information on this forum. By reading here I was able to address common downfalls before I even fired up. The reward? A really nice first ride experience. I can see why you love these things.

My double muffler design sounded really nice, it's still got some chain saw attitude but it's far from being obnoxious. Also I either got lucky or just did things right because I really dont have any vibration issues at all. It's just a nice smooth roll out right up to full throttle. Motor studs and fasteners are all stock and performed wonderfully. I did not really get to ride very long as I was in a warehouse area but I had a few spins and got the idle set. Nothing kicked or moved out of position, no chain slap, and no rattles. I started this build in Sept. 09, and going slow while planning things out worked out very well.

thanks everybody who contributes here, you have all made my first ride priceless!

Attachments

Last edited: