Three HP Trike

GoldenMotor.com

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
Maybe, athough the differential is a nice feature. In Alaska, it would be a bargain. Little sanding and paint go a long way.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Seems a little steep in view of the condition. Too bad the guy left it out in the rain for so long. I'd be wary of the engine...if it looks on the inside like it looks from outside, it might be full of crud. I had some experience with that syphon type of carburetor and never got the thing running. It depends on crankcase vacuum to pump fuel and when the engine gets tired (worn out), it stops pumping. A rebuild wasn't cost effective. Just my observation. Offer him $50.00.
Tom

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
It would still operate as a diferential,looks like an old riding mower axle,and I also wonder if the rear frame is really from a trike($50.00 started and moving)

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
3 wheeled bikes brand new without a engine might be worth $350, but that bike and engine looks old, I would offer $50 for bike as is or maybe more if engine is running.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Here is a workman "mover" heavy duty 3 speed i scored on craigslist last week for $20. It needs a front tube, front drum brake cable and a couple bearings. my buddy looked it up on line, i was amazed at the new price. the hauling deck is standing by my truck, not even scratched. actuallyi answered a cl add for two fuji 26 inch folding bikes for $20. each. when i bought them the trike was sitting there, aked how much, he said 20. then he gave me a 24 inch full suspension in good shape. he is a superviser for the sanitation dept, 35 yrs old. drives around in his work truck and picks up all kinds of things. has collapsed disc in his back. a battery pack and wires going to his spine to help with the pain. it hurts just thinking about him, nice kid. the electric trike i bought a few months ago for $150. it is a 3 speed, 3 new batteries and new charger. He is retired military, said he had over $800 in it. bottom line, some good buy`s on craigs list. but it has about broke me!! Ron

Attachments