trike motor kit

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
When I build a bike, I have three things in mind. Safety, ease of operation, and Safety! My trikes go much faster than 15 Mph. I like 15-20 Mph as a general use range. In full racing gear I have been almost 40 mph. From an engineers point of view 20Mph is twice as fast as it was designed to go. If you remember the three wheel ATV's of the past they were very unstable. On my bike you can go get a reasonable amount of anything and travel safely. It's not a sport bike, but a way to travel without a lot of work. I am working on a trailer hitch to carry even more. It is a fun safe way to get around if operated within it's limits. Sometimes life is about slow. Can't smell the roses @ 100 Mph..trk

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Cynical

Welcome, I Threw A DIY Friction Drive On A Trike, Only Drove It A Few Blocks. New Engine But Was Not Running Rite. Worked Ok Otherwise. They Are Different Feeling Than A Bicycle, Thats For Sure! Ron .cvlt1

Attachments

Mr.Cynical

May 31, 2010
Minnesota
Good question :) I don't know. Being in Houston we don't have very many hills. It's pretty strong. I don't think hills would be an issue tho. (c)
I don't have a great "need for speed", I'm lookin' at 15 mph tops, but I DO have a need for plenty of torque. I live in a very hilly area, and tip the scales at just over 300, so the ability to haul my big self is of the utmost importance. (And the main reason for motoring by trike in the first place!)