My New LWB Recumbent Commuter

GoldenMotor.com

GregLWB

Nov 12, 2008
Dallas, Oregon
Hi all,

I haven't been on the site in a while and didn't post much when I was. I plan to be here more often and hope to be able to add something and help out.

I wanted to share pics of my bikes that I have been working on. The first pic is of the commuter bike I have been riding for the last year (it got motorized in August and I have put over 1600 miles on it). My commute is 53 miles round trip divided between small town, highway, and city riding. I run at ~29 mph most of the time and average 195 mpg (once got as high as 212 mpg) and I pedal with the bike most of the time.

Here is a pic of the bike I started buiding in February. I have not motorized it. I built it to have a bike to ride around town and go on bike rides with my wife/kids. It is an AtomicZombie plan called the High Roller and I built it using the 26/20 wheel option. It is a blast to ride and it climbs really well, even without a motor assist.

This is my new LWB commuter bike. I started it after I finished the SWB bike and just finished it last weekend. It is also built from an AZ plan called a Tour Master. It is far more stable than my previous LWB bike. Instead of 'Tiller Steer' this one has remote steering and steers just like a regular bike. I don't know how the mileage will end up on this one but most of the parts are off of the other bike and this one seems to roll forever with the dual 26" wheels. It weighs about the same as my previous bike so mileage should be as good, maybe better. This is one comfortable bike! I put about 25 miles on it over the weekend and really enjoyed myself.

Greg

GregLWB

Nov 12, 2008
Dallas, Oregon
Thanks guys,

Yep, my backside, shoulders, wrists, and back all enjoy riding 'bents. I had gotten away from riding for a long time because after having played a lot of competetive sports, ten miles was the maximum I could ride without paying for it with days of pain. 'Bents gave me a way to get back into somithing I really enjoy. And adding a motor assist to it, well....... !.trk

Greg