Sun Bicycles Recumbent

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hey everyone,
I was recently surfing the bike manufacturers sites......came across this recumbent by Sun Bicycles....I looked long and hard at this bike and have come upon the conclusion that with a few mods......this would easily qualify as a stretch cruiser.....mount the motor under the seat.. ( second half of the frame with some posts welded to accept the motor )...different handlebars and dropping the seat some and eliminating the backrest or shortening it to a more lumbar supporting fit would enable this bike to be a ride.....a set of springer front forks and a 26 inch front wheel seems like a good idea .....any feedback y'all ?....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Attachments

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
it would be diffrent but waaaaaaayyyy kool motor should fit? 24 in tires? moon bars? shif kit? na leave the apes

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
it would be diffrent but waaaaaaayyyy kool motor should fit? 24 in tires? moon bars? shif kit? na leave the apes
Motor will fit...a slanthead for sure....and a whole lot of other stuff can be done with this bike....main thing is a springer on the front and a 26 inch wheel....the rest is just gravy......

Salty.shft.

Flight Risk

Jan 25, 2010
I would like to see if you are progressing with this.
Would an engine under the seat interfer with the original chain? I'm thinking the engine in front may be better if it fits. How about a banana seat on this?

RS

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I would like to see if you are progressing with this.
Would an engine under the seat interfer with the original chain? I'm thinking the engine in front may be better if it fits. How about a banana seat on this?

RS
I've not been able to even contemplate building one of these but the idea is quite doable .....and YES !....a banana seat would truly complete the build ... ( Yes....we have no bananas )....LOL....I'm hoping someone actually takes this idea and runs with it !

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
I've not been able to even contemplate building one of these but the idea is quite doable .....and YES !....a banana seat would truly complete the build ... ( Yes....we have no bananas )....LOL....I'm hoping someone actually takes this idea and runs with it !

Thanks,
Salty.shft.
Hey Salty,
Chek this site out-http://sites.google.com/site/recycledrecumbents/home- build it how you need it usflg

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
Home (Recycled Recumbents!)

I just wasted an hour on that site. Some good ideas. I'm tempted to try something like that. But where to put the China Girl?

Rod S
.weld
on that home page check out the pic at the bottom of the red recumbent. Since you will be the one to cut and piece it together it will take a little figuring out. the way i see it in that pic as a reference, it would go under the seat. Just like on a normal v-frame. Yes you would have to add another tube or make a mount for the front of the motor. And you might even need to add a inch or 2 to the height. This is all right off the top of my head. I never said it would be easy, but if your good with metal then it can be worked out. If your not stuck on using a China girl, then there is a friction set up that would be pretty easy to put on but a bit more money. usflg