EZ-Sport Recumbent

GoldenMotor.com

rick_lindsey

Jul 24, 2008
Hello! I've got an EZ-Sport Recumbent that I'd like to use to commute to work, but unfortunately the 18 mile one-way trip is more than a little beyond my capabilities at the moment. Is there a motor-assist option that is reasonably priced and works well with this bike? I thought about trying to find a 20" crystalyte style hub-motor kit, but haven't seen nearly as much for sale on that front as I did a few years back when I was considering a similar conversion.

I think I'd prefer electric just to avoid licensing requirements etc, but I'm open to other options if they fit my needs better.

For those unfamiliar with the bike, here's a link...

Sun Recumbents ~ Sun EZ Sport and EZ Sport LTD Recumbent Bikes from the Bicycle Man

thanks!

-Rick

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. I can't help you much with electrics. I bet there will be some on here that can though. Glad you joined us...........................

timothy50

Aug 23, 2009
sacramento, ca
the ez sport will handle a 36 volt heinzmann kit very well. I suggest the solar motor if you don't mind doing the pedalling to get up to speed. will go 28 mph. on front 33 mph on rear.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Hey nice bike you have there.
I'm building a home made recumbent I've stopped work on it for now as I'm doing other things I plan on putting a china engine on it sometime. right now it setting on my back porch rusting quietly need to get some wheels and brakes etc.
The small engine on there is a leaf blower I gave up on that idea its ruff as yell right now but some day I'll finish it. the seat is not finished either I needed something to sit on just to try it out.

Rough isn't it. plans can be gotten from easy clone recumbent bikes