schwinn cruiser build

GoldenMotor.com

wezwheels

Sep 9, 2008
dam that`s beautiful, nice job bro. got some skills bud. i like seeing someone with skill and less opinion. this place is full of no skill people with a lot of opinions.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
We like feedback here... regardless of whether or not their skills are up to your standards. A fresh outlook is valuable even if it's simply regarding aesthetics - which requires no "skill" at all.

By posting, you're inherently offering yourself to opinion.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Okay so here is where i am at right now . I pressured checked the tank all welds were sound with no leaks . I painted the tank black i think it looks better, in the morning im going to paint the chain guard black .I hope to have this completed by Friday.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
here is a update I got my fat cat exhaust and boy is it loud .Im going to make a muffler for it to quite it down a bit . Bike seems to be running good i have about 14 miles on it now slowly breaking it in when i have the time .

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
here is a update I got my fat cat exhaust and boy is it loud .Im going to make a muffler for it to quite it down a bit . Bike seems to be running good i have about 14 miles on it now slowly breaking it in when i have the time
Looking good headtrama...

FYI, I have put a muffler on the end and it killed the performance of the pipe BIG TIME! I do not like them because they are loud but man do they make a difference. Every bike we have put that pipe always has a 3-5mph increase.

I got a used puter, let me see if I can download a pic of the pipe with muffler

Well I could not find a good pic of it but found this one, it's the one on the bottom in the bag..you can see the muffler.

Attachments

Last edited:

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Ill vouch for the load part of that pipe lol . I made a silencer for the pipe but mounted it further back on the frame behind the crank. I can still feel a performance gain with it and it sounds a lot better. My friend has the same motor in his bike and he says mine feels like it has more power.Here is a picture of what i did it's mounted with just a hose right now but ill be bending a piece of pipe for it soon .

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Yeah let me add that even with the muffler it is way better then the stock one. I was referring to getting everything out of the motor. We spent months trying different things for Death Race. Awesome for the street but not so good with muffler for DR.

Looks great (^)