Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
Villiers powered trike.
...quite strange three-wheeler! I think that I saw somewhere such body, but everything else looks ot me non-original: front wheel is too small, engine is too high and gas-tank even more - with small windows: could driver see anything in front of him? I would keep it in garage with strong light, never come-in when it is in dark. Engine looks to me as old JAWA 175 cc - somebody copied somebody...

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
What a cool little car. I want one. I'm gonna ask Santa Claus for one for Christmas. Carrying it into the bar seems a little extreme. Easier to buy a six pack and go for a drive.
SB
Me too! Me too! It was a pretty cool little thing. Of course, it would be just like me to put a higher-horsepower Morini 50cc in the thing. Get a bit more spritely performance and reliability/longevity. But outside of that, I would not change a thing. Wish I knew what kind of car that was.

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Hello Annie,
Wonderful old video (I like them original, black & white) - and interesting velocar. I saw before a pair of photos, but here we can see all details of construction - chassis especially. I like tandem seating, even too crumpled - and fixing of wheel's axle on both sides - bicycle's style. I am wonder are that ordinary bicycle’s wheels?
[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Problem should be step-in and step-out for two of us pensioners...
[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Interesting test of driving it on three wheels! Could be inspiration for "sociable"?
[/FONT]

Attachments

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Hello Annie,
You are quite right about fun. It seems to me that from the same things and happenigs I had more fun now than before...

Here is one fellow (senior) that like to visit classic car race Mille Miglia - driving his own red car, cute velocar. On the first photo construction couldn't be seen well... But on the second it looks as nice quadricycle, but something is strange: it has 5 wheels? It is operated as three-wheeler...

Just to stay in red-color style, attached is one tandem, maybe gravity racer - not HPV?

Attachments

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Hello SB,
Quite interesting "monowheel", only speed looks to me too optimistic? ...and, there is always quastion of motive: why should somebody build something like that - quite impracitcal, when with the same money and less pain could build decent motorcycle? However, more than a cenutry people like to "invent" such vehilces. I must say that I prefer everything that build you and Steve, or many builders present here!

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Yah, a little strange. That one with a soldier in it is bizarre. What happens when it tips over? Can't get my head around how these things work. If I made one it would end up like a kid inside a tire making himself dizzy and then sick as a dog. I'll pass...
SB