Where can I buy this clutch handle?

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Not to sound like an a**hole, but have you tried any of the ads on the sides of the page?
I've never seen one of these before, but I've heard of them. I think they may be an older style.

I have a friend that needs a RH clutch handle. We'd like to do it, and still have the clutch lock function. That handle looks unisex.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've heard that style called the "Russian" type and I've heard that it's one of the worst type of the clutch handles to use, I dont know this from experience just what I've read multiple times.

Thats Dax has the locking handles Page Title , BGF on ebay has what I think are the best ones I've used, they have a longer handle so they are easier to pull than the little short handle ones.

This is the best one I've used so far.... link below

bicycle Motorized GAS motor - clutch lever long handle | eBay

Peace

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've heard that style called the "Russian" type and I've heard that it's one of the worst type of the clutch handles to use, I dont know this from experience just what I've read multiple times.

Thats Dax has the locking handles Page Title , BGF on ebay has what I think are the best ones I've used, they have a longer handle so they are easier to pull than the little short handle ones.

This is the best one I've used so far.... link below

bicycle Motorized GAS motor - clutch lever long handle | eBay

Peace
OK Russian style. That's the first time I've heard that. I think I did hear they were crappy, but if it works on the right that's more important.

The important thing is a right hand clutch lock. All of the clutch handles available work on the left.

I gotta have one for the right.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
they never had enough pull to completely disengage the clutch and on most handlebars, they didn't fit well with other handlebar components such as brakes or throttle if you use it on the right hand side.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This isn't a matter of, doesn't work that good, or some other ones are better. The only thing that matters is if it works on the right, better than the others work on the right.

So far I haven't seen any clutch handles that work on the right, except maybe this one, nevermind how crappy it might work.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Not to sound like an a**hole, but have you tried any of the ads on the sides of the page?
You may be as no one sells that old style Russian clutch lever
that came with kits from a few years ago.
They are kinda junky. I have one that the locking clip is missing
from.

The locking "clutch" levers are really locking brake levers for
bicycles. I think I remember seeing a right side locking brake
lever before?

http://www.huskybicycles.com/Mercha...Code=307-580&Category_Code=pt&Product_Count=3

Last edited:

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
This isn't a matter of, doesn't work that good, or some other ones are better. The only thing that matters is if it works on the right, better than the others work on the right.

So far I haven't seen any clutch handles that work on the right, except maybe this one, nevermind how crappy it might work.
i think you missed my point, just because it can be mounted on the right side, with throttle and brake handles, it probably wouldn't work as you intend it to.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Thank you everyone that replied. I think the handle from Husky Bicycles will probably work.

My friend needs a right hand clutch handle because she doesn't have a left hand. All her controls need to be on the right.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Haven't looked but the Zoombicycles.com must of came with that type of handle. At least that is what pictured in the instruction manual.
LOL All these companies steal the manuals from online.
What is pictured has little reality to what you get in the box.

Zoombicycles.com was selling the cheap Chinese knock off of
SBP's jackshaft and they "borrowed" the manual from SBP.com.

SBP sent them a cease and desist letter and Zoom removed the
stolen manual.

Scumbags!!! Be careful who you buy from.
Most of the kits come with a paper manual that was stolen from
Dax's website which is kinda ironic LOL

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Coming from a guy who's ambidextrous (or some may say "mixed up"): I would say this, if you get the russian style from somebody then, yes, change the screws. I don't know where you'll get them anymore, but I wish you the best there.

Another option, if you like long handles and lots of travel, to make adjustments easier: like they mentioned, get that right-hand locking brake lever. Something tells me you might like it more that the Russian-style clutch lever.