On An Average Ride....

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I know there are plenty around here besides my buddy Pat and Mario and a friends brother John whom I used to ride and race mtn. bikes with........but I rarely see another soul riding when I'm out and about on my bike. Kinda strange really.dnut

But, there is a group of us that get together and ride once a month or so as of late......that is really a blast! Let's RIDE! .wee.

Last edited:

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
Well with the recent rain its not been such a good time for riding, but i have a couple neighbors and my son with motorbikes now, and i have been thinking about a half day ride somewhere when we get a good saturday or sunday...almost happened last week as we were invited to a local car show in a park across town.... but got rained out... not only do i not see other MB's in town , i can see by the reaction of people when they see me on one that it's the first time they have ever seen one....

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
ive only ever seen one other guy, and that was by pure chance i ran into him.....he has a nifty little trailer on the back of his that he hauls groceries around in. he told me there was one other guy that rides around, somewhere in town but i have yet to see him. i dont think either of them are on the forum.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I guess Hammond lives in the Mecca of Motorbicycling: Tuscon.

I see others occassionally here in Jacksonville, sometimes even on a ride. I live in a second floor apartment on a fairly busy wide street with a bikelane, so I try to look out and see what's passing if I hear any scooter or MB sounds.

I'm surprised after almost two years that there's not more, but people really are not that mechanically inclined these days, and judging from the "age poll" thread- where I was surprised to find a majority of people over 50 like myself.

the scooter thing has never really taken off- even here where it's fairly warm- because people don't want to or know how to maintain them. There's always a whole bunch of ads on Craigslist that say "Won't Start, I think it's the carburetor needs cleaning"
and that's right somewhat, but I've found with my own scooter that it simply loses it's prime in a few weeks and that spraying carb cleaner into the intake usually starts it right up-

so good scooter deals can be found especuially in the fall and winter, and I think in many cases, if it's "not running" the solution may be as simple as re-establishing the prime and getting fuel in the line.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I saw Santa Claus on a Motorized bike last night around 11pm, he was with two other guys must have been his elves. They were cruising around having a good time.

Everyday....not a day goes by that I do not see a MB. We had a thread http://motorbicycling.com/f16/i-saw-you-2661.html

Whenever I was riding and saw another MB I would always chase them down to talk to them. Now, there is so many I dont bother. On a average ride I usually run across between 1-4 and MB's are so common here now its usually just a wave at another mb'er.

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
In 40 years of living and riding in Northern Virginia and Maryland I have had only 1 gas-motor bike sighting and 3 electric bike sightings.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
about five months ago i was flagged down and asked about it then the guy showed me his blue cruiser with a 50cc that was way faster than my 66 but it wasn't broken in yet (well thats my excuse) since then i have yet to see another

im trying to convince one of my coworkers to try one out he spends wasted time transferring threw buses and walking to work then wastes money on cabs or giving someone gas to hall him home i keep telling him it take me 15 minutes to get to work and less than 50 cents and its freaking fun

so far hes been un optimistic so let him keep paying ten bucks a night six days a week for a ride home and bother with buses

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I dont see very many. There is a very cool Wizzer I seel in Seal Beach, and a few guys on motorized skate boards, very scary. I do see some E bikes.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
None. Gas bikes are somewhat legal in TX, but electric is completely legal. I'm really surprised that I don't see any ebikes.

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
I never see any...
Oh.. there was one guy who rode by last summer, but I can't seem to find out who he was on either forum.

Saw the same bike parked at Home Depot with NO lock on the thing. I almost stood guard over it till he came out but I was in a big hurry.

Hey anybody from Northern Baltimore county?

TIM

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
There are many MB's here in LA... most of the guys I don't know; I just see them riding in another direction as we're driving.
There was one day in Venice where we ran into about 10 MB's from south central as we were riding down the Speedway... I was kinda proud that they knew who I was... that was pretty kewl. :)

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
It's been raining for two weeks, but I can't ride for a couple more while healing up from some surgery. My average ride is about 5 miles around the neighborhood every weekend. Will get more miles in as my buddies finish their bikes.