I blew off 3 spandexers

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
3 hotshot Guys tried to push me off my favorite trail -- they hit a patch of ice and one guy almost lost it -he wouldnt let me pass but his 2 buddies waved me on=i followed reving the engine and got past finnaly and yelled get studded tires (i have them) -too funny to see how p.o. they were !

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
It does not matter what is done to us, our reaction is totally on us. We should always try to put forth the best image possible as a motorized bicyclist. And we should especially do that when someone is being a rude jerk to us.

Being nice to someone who is rude often makes them feel really bad in addition to making us look really good in the eyes of anyone who witnesses the incident.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
You treat me good, I'll treat you better. You treat me bad I'll treat you worse.
No matter who, or when. That's what I've always done and always will.

Bruce Lee

Dec 13, 2010
California
I towed in a peddle bike last week, He had a broken chain and was 5 miles out.He thanked me and wanted to know where to get a kit to motorize his bike.I ordered the kit for him the next day and it will be here tomarrow. Told him if he had any problems putting the thing together to just mring it over and I would help him.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i agree with putting forth a good image, but there's only so much you can do.

around here, even though there's tons of roadies, nobody really likes them. motorists and pedestrians alike are always complaining about their total disregard for safety and traffic laws.

one problem is that they're pretty vocal when it comes to legislature for (or against) new bike lanes, and other bicycle related items, and they usually have money to back them up.

their problem is most of them are elitist bike snobs, who look down on every other form of biking, whether it's motorized or some kid on a bmx bike. they constantly harrass people just out for a (pedal) cruise near the beach or on the trails, and really rub the public the wrong way.

of course there's exceptions, i don't mean this as a sweeping generalization.

my personal feelings are, if they're gonna be jerks, then #%@& 'em. we have just as many rights to the road (more if we're paying money to license our bikes) than they do.

around here, the same guy riding his bike on weekends and moaning about us, is the same guy driving his land rover to work during the week moaning about everyone else on the road.

Reactions: biknut

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
i agree with putting forth a good image, but there's only so much you can do.

around here, even though there's tons of roadies, nobody really likes them. motorists and pedestrians alike are always complaining about their total disregard for safety and traffic laws.

one problem is that they're pretty vocal when it comes to legislature for (or against) new bike lanes, and other bicycle related items, and they usually have money to back them up.

their problem is most of them are elitist bike snobs, who look down on every other form of biking, whether it's motorized or some kid on a bmx bike. they constantly harrass people just out for a (pedal) cruise near the beach or on the trails, and really rub the public the wrong way.

of course there's exceptions, i don't mean this as a sweeping generalization.

my personal feelings are, if they're gonna be jerks, then #%@& 'em. we have just as many rights to the road (more if we're paying money to license our bikes) than they do.

around here, the same guy riding his bike on weekends and moaning about us, is the same guy driving his land rover to work during the week moaning about everyone else on the road.

in MA bike riders aren't so bad, but motorist basically disregard our/pedestrians existence, espeically the guys who only look 1 way when making a turn because its a ight turn or a 1 way they're turning on to.

a lot of terrible drivers in MA, NY too, god NY drivers were a nightmare.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Good luck trying to keep me off the trails. After terrorizing my first official bike trail yesterday I have to say it's really fun. I could care less what a spiffy expensive bicycle spandexer thinks about me. If the trail was paid for with federal $$ it's my trail too. Beep Beep.

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Myself, I always rein in my $89.00 Cranbrook, defer and give the right of way to the guys riding the three, or four, or five, or six or seven thousand dollar bicycles.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Myself, I always rein in my $89.00 Cranbrook, defer and give the right of way to the guys riding the three, or four, or five, or six or seven thousand dollar bicycles.
so you let them buy their way to the top eh?

theirs rules about right of way, they're just as obligated to follow them as you are.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
it is a favorite part of my rides,,,
passing roadies with more $$$ invested in their clothing, than I do in my entire bike ;)
best is doing it, riding one-handed, going uphill,,,
while their faces are turning bright red laff

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
There's a strangely perverse attraction to passing spandex snoots on your beach cruiser.