can anyone identify this?

GoldenMotor.com

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
Purchased today at a secondhand shop, had about 4 layers of paint that was flaking off so I stripped it. It has no badge but the serials are at the BB. Guy that sold it to me said he thought it was a Huffy but he seemed like he was from outer space...

Would love to know more... can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Attachments

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
your standard cantilever frame. could be a 57 huffy, could be a 2010 piece of crap. i dunno what's up with the bottom bracket plug.

even if it was some old bike, every bike company copied that design, so it's nothing special.

bottom line, is do you like it?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
From it's general construction I'd guess it's newer - it's not lugged or brazed and the fittings seem to be pressed & commercially welded... but I'm wildly guessing lol perhaps a closeup pic of the dropouts would help peeps?

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
your standard cantilever frame. could be a 57 huffy, could be a 2010 piece of crap. i dunno what's up with the bottom bracket plug.

even if it was some old bike, every bike company copied that design, so it's nothing special.

bottom line, is do you like it?
I like it a lot, very happy

tvc15

Jun 27, 2010
portland, OR
The 4740 marked on the BB was the solution, it has another set of serials that look like Huffy. So it's a 1957 Higgens built for Sears by Huffy, which to my knowledge was Huffman that had changed it's name that same year.

Hope it's not worth much cause it's not going to be stock again

Thanks again!