False advertising?? 13.6HP 4 stroke??

GoldenMotor.com

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
I...Don't....think so....

Shop Phantom Bikes

FYI 10.2KW converts to 13.6HP...

I know that motor is not pushing that much power. Maybe 2 or 3hp at best. (49cc 4T)

..'Jus sayin...

...And they are a forum sponsor??

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Thank you for this notification and attention to detail, 10.2 kilowatts does indeed equal 13.6784253 HP - which simply must be an oversight, typo or even misleading/false advertisement as such is completely unheard of with a stock 49cc four stroke to the best of my knowledge.

However given the following;
I must remind folks that motorbicycling.com can in no way be held responsible for the contents of our advertiser's websites or the claims therein. By their sponsorship such vendors are in actuality simply advertising themselves, there is no inferred or overt approval of their methods or products just because they have an advertisement on this site. Such advertisements are primarily to offer you diversity in purchasing options - choices you'll need to make yourself based on reviews and information available on this forum should you wish to heed it.

I would suggest contacting the vendor in question directly to address any complaint, reporting any inappropriate behavior you may see on this forum as well as doing what you've done here - bringing such errors and/or misrepresentation to the attention of our member base.

Last edited:

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
I...Don't....think so....

Shop Phantom Bikes

FYI 10.2KW converts to 13.6HP...

I know that motor is not pushing that much power. Maybe 2 or 3hp at best. (49cc 4T)

..'Jus sayin...

I dont know what you call it in US, but in sweden we call it "tryckfels nisse" ,its mens somebody has put the finger on the wrong place on the keybord 10,2kw it should be 1,02kw= 1,6hp

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
"tryckfels nisse" Swedish to English translation: "typographical fairy"

lol - while in English it's usually jus' called a "typo" an equivalent translation could be "typo gremlin" - I like it (^)

Bdanged gremlins are always messin' w/me anyways o.o

:p