I'm afraid to ride my bike anywhere

GoldenMotor.com

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
I originally bought my kit to get back and forth to town. Well iv'e put a big 90 miles on it since march. Seems like something always breaks heres whats left my walkin

REar hub blew (within 20 miles) upgraded to shimano hub
Flat tire -running thorn proof tubes now
Carb ears broke off - bought a carb from BGF
Intake studs stripped- retapped to 1/4-20 thanks Jim
Chain tensior broke- shortened chain now running no tensioner
spark plug boot broke- got a SBP wire now

Seems like i've had maybe three good trips on it. The other bike I built for my neighbor has over 300 miles on it in two months he rides the crap out of it and nothing has broke. just kinda like everytime i ride going whats gonna break next on mine:-||

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike
I would vote for the chain. Mine has broke twice. I stopped buying wally world chains and havent broke another one yet. I had problems like yours at first but now that I have my bike wired in I dont have those problems. Now my problem is just the motor when I get my new tricked out motor installed the last of my problems (with bikes lol) will be done.

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
Well it I have been pretty lucky like your neighbor but it sounds like you are getting all of the bugs worked out. I don't like to ride too far from home myself but others here ride 15+ miles to work.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It would be helpful to know what bike frame and engine kit you use.
Both are crucial for reliability.
A cheap motor kit on a cheap bike is, well, problematic.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
nogig - that's pretty much the list of "standard" faults, once sorted they shouldn't bother you again as yer not just fixing, you're upgrading. Most of the high-milers have had the same issues, they jus' didn't mention it is all :)

Smack those gremlins around, they'll learn :p