question about 49 and 80cc

GoldenMotor.com

carpetrugger

Apr 29, 2009
Calif.
kahnowerh ha you got me there, I worded my statement wrong, I was refering to knowing the seller (thatsdax). Point being I didn't buy it from a ebay seller. But I left myself open for that one, I'm going to have to be more carfull about what I say to you guys. I'm not sure what a moot point is (pointless maybe) it's true it doesn't matter right now but it will make a differance when ordering parts one day. Looks like when that day comes I will have to pull the head and measure.

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
Back to the subject, I have a 49cc and it's still in the "break in" cycle. It's starts up pretty easy, hardly any vibration but the power seems to be lacking. Does the 66cc make a big different in power? If so, I'd like to change it to a 66cc if possible. Any feedback would be great.

carpetrugger

Apr 29, 2009
Calif.
Hi Vencent, My 49cc was also easy to start and lacked power. I could lift it by the seat getting the rear wheel off the ground and with the clutch out kick start it easly with one try. However each time I rode it It got harder and harder to start that way, power also improved after each ride. Whats going on is part of the break in process. Each time run your engine during the break in period the rings seal more and more making more compression. Now I can no longer start my engine that way because there's too much compression. I weigh about 180 and cruze at 17mph at half throddle.I read some where on here that there is what they call a death race each year and the last winner was in fact running a 49cc engine, so just give it time to break in.

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
the size of the motor does not determine how hard it is to start. if its hard to start then there is probably something worng with your carb or mag.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
I read some where on here that there is what they call a death race each year and the last winner was in fact running a 49cc engine, so just give it time to break in.
he was running a morini engine, no comparison to the china motors, the 66cc engines have it all over the 49's, always buy the 66, even if only the 49 is legal where you live, cops can't tell one from the other once you take the tag off.

carpetrugger

Apr 29, 2009
Calif.
When I said my engine was getting harder and harder to start I was refering to kicking starting it. As the compression built from the rings seating it became impossible to kick start. It took more force to push the crank on the bicycle down and still be able to hold it by the seat keeping the rear wheel off the ground. It will still start first time by peddling it and poping the clutch.
Vincent if I were you I would wait untill your engine has gone through it's full break in period, then if your not happy with the performance look on Craigslist under motorized bicycles and find a 66cc/80cc and test drive them to see the differance before investing your cash and time. I know for my needs my 49cc is fast as I want to go on a bicycle. If I wanted something any faster I would not waste anymore money buying a 66cc/80cc. Just sell the bike you have with the 49cc and put that money with the money you were going to spend on another engine and buy your self a used 250cc motorcycle. There all over Craigslist for four or five hundred.

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
Carpetrugger, you're absolutely right, I was actually looking for a 250cc motorcycle before I bought my bike. I wanted to get a bicycle for exercise purpose and I discovered MB. These things are a blast and I hope it will last me a long time.