Good People

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
When putting my motorbike together I ran into so many problems that I thought I could never fix. I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out. I also want to give a BIG THANKS to Fairracing31 who helped me put together my bike tonight. If it wasnt for him It would have taken me So much longer to get my girl together. We did it all in a few hours. Big Thanks to him. Now she needs gas but Its gonna have to wait til the mornin'. CANT WAIT.

She is a Huffy Cranbrook, skyhawk motor (spookytooth), 15" apehangers.

Let me know what you think.

Peace

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
You are more then welcome, I enjoy helping others out when I can. I hope you have a great time on your new ride. We will get together for a ride soon. Be safe out there will ya, get a helmet and don't forget to wear eye protection.

If you have any problems just pm me.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
This is a great site for help. I have never left the site dissapointed.

PS Your chain looks a bit loose. Alittle tighter might smooth out some of the vibrations. It did for me. (my $.02)

stilldoc

Sep 16, 2009
Oklahoma
Glad to hear you have something you can ride! Now for the tweakin' and filddlin'.
Front brake, rear fender to keep your bum dry, cyclometer, rear view mirror...
PM me again if I can be of any help.

stilldoc

Sep 16, 2009
Oklahoma
Second that. Mine broke last week (just like everyone said it would).
I left the front fender off out of fear. :eek:

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Thanks everyone for your replies. I just took her for a lil night spin and I think I woke up all my neighbors. Oh well. She sounds good though.

I do need to tighten my chain too and get a helmet. I bought a cheapo computer and everytime I set everything up on it when I start the bike and I look at it, It looks like its confused and wont give me Mph ect. What could be the problem with that?

Im not going to put those crappy fenders on. Im afraid I will set them up wrong and kill myself down the line. I plan on getting a rear rack would this work like a rear fender? Because I do have a few welts on my back from some rocks.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
What kind of bike is that?Looks kinda like a moondog with ape hangers....I bought a set of chrome double hanger ballon fenders from my local bike shop for 35 bucks....Those are safe and dont rattle....
John-John

Last edited:

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Its a huffy cranbrook w/ 15 in apes' usflg
That settles it,im definately buying a cranbrook....Were can I get the ape hangers and the extra long throttle cable from????I know thatsdax has some cables,but dont know if they would be long enough....I have 2 new RAW engines that came in last week and they are begging me to do something with them....
John-John

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I bought my kit and ape hangers from spooky tooth and the stock throttle cable worked just fine. I bought the cranbrook from walmart for 95 bucks.

If you end up getting those apehangers you are most likely going to need shims..

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
About my computer..Has anyone else had the same problem?

Should I take it back..

Lemme know. Cuz I have never used one before and have no idea what the problem could be.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
It sounds like the computer is getting interference from the spark plug wire. A shielded plug wire will solve this problem.
There has been a lot of posts on this subject and if I was better at searching old posts I would provide links. However fairracing31 is very good at searching old posts and I'm willing to bet he will find the info you need.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Im not looking to spend money for this fix. Its a 10$ bike computer..I guess Ill just move the wiring as far away from the plug wire as possible.

Thanks Nunyabidness for the info and stilldoc for the link..I guess il figure something out.