2-1/2 HP Horizontal OHV Gas Engine

GoldenMotor.com

pnz

Aug 19, 2009
Rosedale, Ca.
what kind of clutch would work on something like this and has anyone tried out this engine.

Gas-saving overhead valve for cooler, cleaner performance and longer life.

* Cast iron cylinder sleeve
* Low oil shutdown
* Fuel shut off for safe transport
* Ball bearing shaft for increased durability
* 2008 EPA/CARB certified
* Recoil start
* Great for small construction projects

Fuel tank capacity: 0.42 gallon (1.4 liters); Fuel type: Unleaded gasoline; Oil capacity: 13.5 oz (0.4 liters); Engine displacement: 79.5cc; Speed: 3600 RPM

ITEM 97964-2VGA

$109.99

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
You can tell from the pull start the rotation is right but it would be a little awkward to start it on the bike unless the recoil could be clocked up.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
sfeland Is using this on his recumbent

"I did have to machine a part to be able to fit the variator on the Harbor Freight motor shaft), and the centrifugal clutch with the spring loaded pulley is used on a 150cc scooter. The shaft is a 5/8" shaft so a Comet Torque converter should work. The 1st drive belt I use is for a 250cc scooter. That should help keep the maintenance down a bit! The final drive was a GEBE system but the bike and I am too heavy and the motor is too strong for the lightweight belt as it lasted about 200 - 250 miles even being very careful. The final drive I use now is the Whizzer drive wheel with a machined V-belt pulley on the Jack shaft. Today commuting home from work coming down a slight hill with some help I was able to get the bike to hit 37.2 mph. Cruising speed is 30 - 32 mph. Someone asked what my gear ratios are... They are GOOD! Seriously....... I will check that out when I have a bit more time and let you all know. I do have a GREAT power band for a heavy bike and I am not lacking power at the top end at all. I do live in Chandler and normally have Monday's and Tuesday's off so if someone would like to check the bike out a bit better, just let me know. So far I have about 1400 miles on the bike, about 80 with the new motor and the rest with the good motor I just took off. So far.... knock on wood, I have had absolutely no trouble with the current setup. It is an ideal setup for commuting.... IMO. Best wishes, watch out for the crazies and stay safe on the road!"

sfeland

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Chris Davis is using this motor with an EZmotors automatic clutch. I think this past weekend was the tryout run. Maybe he' let us know how it went.
Silverbear