Point me to the right direction please?

GoldenMotor.com

Rmerac

Aug 29, 2011
Independence, MO
So, after I chose to get the Grubee Skyhawk GT5 66cc from www.PistonBikes.com, I went to order, to see if their stock was still "stocked".. turns out.. they have no inventory of the item any longer.. so I checked www.GasBike.net.. same thing. Is there anywhere anyone can point me to for a less than $200, (including or excluding shipping - either or), 80/66cc engine kit that ISN'T out of stock?

Thanks!
Mucho appreciated,
Aaron

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
RAW has their slant kits for $199.99 and their sliver engine for $159.99 They get good write ups on the forum.

John

Rmerac

Aug 29, 2011
Independence, MO
Oh awesome, yeah I checked it out, I'm sold after reading some reviews not only on the forums, but Raw's website and other forums. Now I just need to find the best "hip" but "easy to install the engine on" bicycle. ha. I'm thinking of going Chopper, but there really are some nice Cruisers out there. Opinion(s)?

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
There are so many choices! I bought a Huffy Big Daddy, it was just too cool looking for $112 bucks. I know Huffy aren't the best bikes but I am 63 years old and this is my play toy. I wanted something to play with and fix up as I wanted, but I just loved the paint job.....

John

bigdaddy55

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
I called pistonbike yesterday to order another part and they said the part was out of stock but were expecting a shipment in couple of days...
John

Rmerac

Aug 29, 2011
Independence, MO
Well, I'm not officially getting anything for another week or 2. So I'm definitely going to call them and see if they expect the arrival of anything I'm interested in purchasing.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Prior to me buying my engine, I wanted to personally talk to a human being. I called Raw-motors for about 3 days. This included a call about every hour starting 11 or so (central time zone), and ending about 5 or so. I wanted to ask some questions, and see which engine works best with my application. I couldn't get a hold of anyone.
Before you buy, make sure you talk to someone. Make sure you get their name, write it down, and make something like a relationship with that person. If something goes wrong, you don't want to rely on a website to solve your problem. You don't want to e-mail someone back and forth, without knowing whom it is. I ended up getting many things from Piston-bikes, they were not only very helpful, but everything came exactly as described. If it didn't, I'm confidant they would have corrected the discrepancy!!
Either way, hurry up and get your stuff, so you can ride. It feels great going out on a bicycle ride, and when you get bored, you just pop that clutch and let the bike do it's thing!!!