pull starter and centrifugal clutch kit

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Has anybody purchased or had any expirience with the pull starter and clutch kit? just wondering how it works and if its worth it....
I was thinking of that, but too many problems with the pull start. Although I wouldn't have a problem paying for one...but I think it would be a waste of money.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i bought one with pullstart and centrifugal clutch already installed and the engine is alot wider, it has to be mounted alot higher or you would have to get a wide peddal kit or short peddal arms. Its not worth it when you can peddal the bike a few feet and it would start up plus its not much work to pull in the clutch when you stop which i do anyway.

I wished i bought a regualar skinny engine,i had so many problems with mounting this very wide engine, a regular engine would have only took me minutes to install.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I have two bikes with centrifugal clutch kit with 2 years of hard use on them. The clutch works as designed with NO problems. If your pull start is made of rope, it will fail and not worth installing. The newer pull starts are awesome with metal pull "rope" and no failures yet using it.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Re: pull starter and centrifugal clutch questions

Yes, have both. Rope version pull start awful. Metal pull start "rope" works great.

Centrifugal clutch works awesome wtih no reliability issues. Last ride was 40mph over very hard off-road coniditions with 4000 foot elevation climb that took 4.5 hours to ride and clutch was put to the test with no problems.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Raw Motors: $34.95 + $16.95 S&H = $51.90
Gasbikeshop: $29.95 + $8.50 S&H = $38.45

Can you guess from which vendor I bought mine from?

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
So Rohmwll did you get your clutch from Gasbikeshop yet.
I ordered it, it went through, but later they refunded my money because it was out of stock.

BGF has plenty, so I ordered from him instead, it came quick, was installed and works perfectly.