????motor quality and cc????

GoldenMotor.com

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
i have been looking for another kit for a long time now i hear there are 48cc 55cc 58cc 66cc 70cc 80cc kits i see the 48cc all the time and the 80cc ones now i hear that grubee and others that make the 80cc ones over state the cc's and there 66cc rated or sold as 80cc engines is this true on all them

is there a true 80cc kit out there?

i hear phantom makes a 58cc kit hows the quality on it?
is it really 58cc?
Phantom Edition Deluxe 2 Stroke 58cc Gas Engine Kit [2S-58CC-GENII-PH] - $229.99

there are ones called jet motors and black stallion who makes them grubee???

who makes star fire motors grubee again???

i also see raw motors who makes them ????

i am compiling this data for myself and to post here for new/newer guys looking for a good kit doing research do they don't get ripped off

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
There is no 80cc there all 66cc. I just ordered a new 66cc kit for $169 shipped from boy go fast on ebay. Its a Z280 the best motor Ive found.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
is there a true 80cc kit out there?

i hear phantom makes a 58cc kit hows the quality on it?
is it really 58cc?
Phantom Edition Deluxe 2 Stroke 58cc Gas Engine Kit [2S-58CC-GENII-PH] - $229.99
Some of your questions I've answered under your other post "Good kit bad kit...". But I see different things here that I might be able to help with.

No, no 80cc. (though it WOULD be sweet!) The Chinese use different math/methods to figure displacement. The way we figure displacement here, we get 66cc.

I went to that site and checked that Phantom engine, and if you schroll down you'll see it seems to be a Grubee Starfire with a few extras. At this point, please refer to my other reply to your previous post "Good kit bad kit..".

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
Here is some of my experiences with various motors in the past year. Grubee 48cc Starefire Phantom Editon, 4 motors, all excellent. Grubee 58cc Starfire standard kit, NOT Phantom, 3 motors, 2 very problematic and 1 good overall. Raw motors 66cc, 3 motors, all excellent. ZB80 which is actually 66cc, had Flying Horse sticker as manufacturer, excellent motor. Wizard 80, actually 66cc from Five Flags, my absolute smoothest and fastest motor. I actually think that one was from Boy Go Fast by the obvious BGF lettering on the inside carton. To sum it up, the only real problem motors were 2 of the 3 Grubee Starfire. Hope this info is of some help to you.

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
I did not do any math there but whatever lol
we are both wrong the avg. pocket bike motor like the cag is 47cc stock to 49cc but these motors run 8000 rpm and more if upgraded these motors are 4.25 hp stock and big bore kit you get 4.75-5hp you get them in 6,7,8 tooth sprockets and you don't half to mount this on a 26 in bike go 20 in banana bike
these bike stock come with 55 tooth sprockets so the stock gear ratio is

8000 rpm motor then 6 to 72 tooth on a 26 in bike

or the same in 20 in the motor will have enough power

BTW these aren't Chinese