Engine useage

GoldenMotor.com

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
So there made in China, are they used there or is this a import engine, it would seem that if they were useing them there would be a ton of *aftermarket* parts which doesn't seem to be the case,,,,or so it seems to me.

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
I'm sure there are a ton of parts available in China. However, I don't think you can just buy directly from China without all the proper paperwork and import/export partnerships.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It's been reported here several times that the 2 stroke engines we're all so familiar with are illegal in China. Not sure if this is fact or fiction but I've never seen a photo of one in use over there and to my knowledge we have no members in China; or at least none with a working bike.
Tom

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I see it as kind of a cheap throw away technology- if my motor blows, I'm likely not to fix it before I buy a replacement- I might replace a head gasket, but I'm old and tired with arthritis- I'm not going to take a piston out.

the parts are all kinda cheap otherwise, and I've already had to buy new levers and throttles

Enjoy it for what it is- and it's still very practicle when you can use it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorized-BIKE-...827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27adbdecc3

Last edited:

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
This site, using Google Translator, shows that China is really pushing electric bikes and deals with the advancements made, it also shows and talks about the peoples permanent bike and parking spaces for them (I assume to charge them) it's definitely a bicycle oriented site but there no mention of any gas bikes that I found,,,,but I didn't hit the hundred or so sites either.