Came across some good info

GoldenMotor.com

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
While looking for a cross referace guide for plugs on the china girl motors, amazon had an ad for plugs then gave an option to check what vehicles that plug fit. 63 VW bug uses that same plug along with a couple other model years. Good to know if your in the auto parts store and there is a wet behind the ears parts guy there and you know what plug you need but he graduated from the special class in high school and dosnt know a ball joint from a tie rod. Note that some of the plugs are LONGER. Look for the ones with a thread depth of 1/2" or 12.7mm or less for a factory fit or you may be doing this :-||

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I use V.W. plugs in the lawn mowers when I was a kid . It always started up easier than with the short little stock Champion plugs. They ran better all around too.

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
While looking for a cross referace guide for plugs on the china girl motors, amazon had an ad for plugs then gave an option to check what vehicles that plug fit. 63 VW bug uses that same plug along with a couple other model years. Good to know if your in the auto parts store and there is a wet behind the ears parts guy there and you know what plug you need but he graduated from the special class in high school and dosnt know a ball joint from a tie rod. Note that some of the plugs are LONGER. Look for the ones with a thread depth of 1/2" or 12.7mm or less for a factory fit or you may be doing this :-||
i keep it in mind dude. friend of mine has sum old 60s VWs might try 1 for the hellva it .shft.