what is this rubber washer ? and why doesn't the ignition wire fit the plug ?

GoldenMotor.com

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina
Ok , so I have attached two pics with this...

pic 1 : What is this little rubber washer ? It looks important , it was just randomly in the box with the Grubee , shyhawk 48cc. Just loose in the box , not in any of the little bags.

pic 2 : The ignition box to spark plug. The plug wire will not fit the plug , it is physically impossible for the end of the plug to go into the housing .... now even if you just let them touch to get spark having the spring give tension, the wire /boot that goes over the plug obviously will not stay on, it would just pop off ? Did I get the wrong size in the kit ?

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That MIGHT be a carb seal?? It might go in the end of the carb where the manifold goes into it?

Unscrew the brass tip on the spark plug! (just grab it with some pliers & unscrew it from the plug.) Then the boot can 'zip' onto the threads of the plug. ;)

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina
That MIGHT be a carb seal?? It might go in the end of the carb where the manifold goes into it?

Unscrew the brass tip on the spark plug! (just grab it with some pliers & unscrew it from the plug.) Then the boot can 'zip' onto the threads of the plug. ;)

Yeah , someone else thought it was a carb seal , but its to small , it would be sucked into the intake.

The spark plug thing I will try , its just odd , why would they not have the boot / inside that fits it .... every single lawn mower / weed eater in the US has these and they just slip on w/ the correct fit ??????

Thank you for your help ....

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
some kits come with a regular boot now. it's just poor quality control.

i replace the plug wire (it just unscrews from the CDI box) with a better quality, 7mm, copper core wire and a real boot from an auto parts store. i make my own and crimp the end on. it's pretty easy, it's better quality, and it allows you to make a longer plug wire so you can hide the CDI somewhere else (like under the motor.

the only thing the O-ring would be for is the carb. there's no other place for it. but it should be larger than the hole in the intake, and should fit snug into the carb. if it don't, someone musta just dropped it into the box.