Just got my 4g belt drive, and it does not fit my engine at all.

GoldenMotor.com

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
This was what you guys recommended me to get and it does not fit. Please help. what gearbox will fit?.
There are two different 4G Drive Units. One that fits the HS 142 CC motor and the one that fits the Honda and HS 142F. The Honda and HS 142F both have output shafts that are 15.8mm (5/8th in.) dia. X 33.5mm (1&1/4 in.) long. Which of these two did you purchase? If you bought from bicycle-engines.com the Honda Unit Sells for $139.99 and comes with a clutch and clutch bell that keys to the output shaft. The unit for the HS 142CC sells for $119.99 and only comes with only a clutch bell and bell housing, because it is assumed the the shoe portion of the clutch is on your motor. My guess at this point is that you bought the wrong unit for your motor. Since it seems that you are also in need of a new clutch you want to be sure and order one as it is a seperate purchase. The last time I checked the site at bicycle-engines they were out of stock on the clutches for the 4G unit for the HS 142CC motors.

ocscully

Last edited: