my first bike, need help on installing clutch cable

GoldenMotor.com

jowkwondo

Aug 31, 2010
united states
So this i s my first bike, and i dont understand how to install the clutch cable... the directions i got with the kit were fuzzy and same with the others online that i have found so far. if there is any pictures online that you guys know of that illustrates what it should look like that would be a great help. thank you.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Basically the large spring is a heat shield to go on before your adjuster. the small spring is for 'from the adjuster to your arm', (this spring is optional, as the clutch has plenty of pressure to pull on the cable. ->the brass fitting goes on the cable after your arm. you want to put the fitting on the cable and then pop it into the slot in your arm. Norman had a great tip about using a vice-grip to hold the arm, but I can't find that pic(sry).[basically, put the vice-grip going opposite of the arm] You don't want any slack in your cable at all. Be sure your bike rolls freely when disengaged, and that it'll bump hard when engaged.

I hope that helped. gl.

If anyone knows where that pic of Norman's is, please post it, a picture speaks a thousand words!
:)