#41 chain / Get One!

GoldenMotor.com

AH64Apache

Jul 22, 2009
Mercer, WI
Hey,
If you dont have a #41 heavy duty roller chain on your bike. I highly recommend one! I was using the chain that came with the kit and it actually broke in 3 places. The guys on this forum recommended the #41 chain. Besides it just looking bad @ss, I don't have to worry about this thing breaking. Also, the motor seems to run better with it on there. I was skeptical that it would fit though. I did purchase the heavy duty chain that Kings Motor Bike sells last year. That chain fit around the rear sproket, but wouldn't fit around the front motor sproket. But the #41 fits just fine. I have the Grubee 48cc motor.

Joe
.wee.

doubledice

Nov 6, 2009
california
that sounds nice to me. iv had a few very frustrating chain brakes im surprised they never wrapped around my ankle .bf. yes im working on a new chain guard the stock ones are no good to me

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
A good quality #41 industrial chain is a definite improvement that is highly recommended for several reasons. They typically run smoother and quieter than the kit supplied 415 chain. It is not uncommon to find tight rollers, twists and kinks in the kit chains. A good #41 will be just slightly wider, very slight, and will allow for some misalignment between the drive and rear driven sprocket. They also seem to fit the sprocket teeth better.
Keep them lubricated with the lube of your choice, chain saw chain and bar lube works great and you'll be much happier with your drive system.
Tom

hepcat_13

May 19, 2010
New Orleans
I just got one today and put it on, I could tell a difference in the first ride. Plus for 15 bucks I got enough chain that I got 2 lengths out of it

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
when you're buying a 41 chain, remember, "you get what you pay for."

i bought one from Fastenal, and while it looked better than the stock chain, it still broke. it was made in china, and was like 10 feet for 15 bucks.

now i've got 2, 10', #41 Diamond chains, made in usa. the thing looks waaaaay better than any of the other chains i've seen. plus, it matches my inch-pitch (skiptooth) chain on the pedal side. Diamond has been around for a hundred years or so.

normally, they run about 70 bucks for ten feet, but there's some on Ebay all the time. i got 2 for 15 bucks!

AH64Apache

Jul 22, 2009
Mercer, WI
The one I bought is a Farmex Speeco. Seems pretty decent/sturdy to me. Here's the description from their web site:
Our roller chain is manufactured to meet or exceed ANSI standards. Solid rollers maximize the product life cycle and welded bushings assure quality.
Features include
Pre-stretched
Solid Rollers
Welded Bushing
Shot Peened Finish.

I'm sure a $70 chain would be better,, but I'm just sayin :)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Apache

Hi And Welcome.

We Spent Our Honeymoon At A Lodge In Site Of The Falls, On The Turtle Flambeau Flowage. 1964. Will Pm You. Ron . cvlt1

AH64Apache

Jul 22, 2009
Mercer, WI
PS. Thanks for the tip finding them on Ebay too :) If mine pops, I'll surely let you guys know.
Neat Times:
Yep,, Its a beautiful area up here! Since I started coming up here fishing about 20 years ago, I always wanted to move up here. I live on Spider Lake. BTW,, I lived on Marathon Key for 2 years :)

Last edited: