i need a better seat any ideas ?

GoldenMotor.com

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
i thought of an metal tractor seat if i could find one

i thought of an metal tractor seat if i could find one in my price range, I often think a lot of palces where you can find things for sale in classifieds and auctions , that people really fall for stuff that you can get a lot , and i do mean a lot cheaper at retail stores ,, bottom line a lot of places online are letting too many price jacking vendors in !..........
If you want a tractor like w i d e seat, look at the yard sales for an exercise bike.

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
I got a big cloud9 seat and it is nice. Looks like #4.
I detest the tiny monkey seats that come on most bikes. Along with that get a suspension seat post.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
hmm a suspension seat post i did not know they

hmm a suspension seat post i did not know they exsited .. wonder if target carries them ? p.s. i like the target in mobile al -- if nothing else i will try to do somthing with a spring from an porch swing or something and an big cloud9 seat... hey thanks !!!
I got a big cloud9 seat and it is nice. Looks like #4.
I detest the tiny monkey seats that come on most bikes. Along with that get a suspension seat post.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I have a full suspension pedal only bike that I use seat number 1 on. It is WONDERFUL. It doesn't "bother the boys".:D I had to move my handle bars up higher so I'm sitting on it flat. If I lean forward to much it makes me slide off the back. I highly recommend it for a seat.....................

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
How about Niagara Cycle (I know they have a lot of different size posts) or Nashbar,or K-mart (I did buy a sus. post from K-mart).
These posts come in Metric sizes, so measure carefully. One of those dial calipers that are on sale often at HF are real handy- they read in both sae and met.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
i have my thinking cap on and brain storming ideas an

i have my thinking cap on and brain storming ideas , an idea i am eyeing is this mabey too ( see pic cool seat ) i may make one thats a little wider and paded to the hilt ,, as i seem to allmost have to buy something study its desighn then either modify or start from scratch.. i go the flea market rout a lot in case of failure .. im looking for an old steel tractor seat too-- i would pad it too the hilt .. its kind of like looking for hens teeth now a days ,,,P.S. Is that an great dane on your pic ?
I have a full suspension pedal only bike that I use seat number 1 on. It is WONDERFUL. It doesn't "bother the boys".:D I had to move my handle bars up higher so I'm sitting on it flat. If I lean forward to much it makes me slide off the back. I highly recommend it for a seat.....................

Attachments

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
i went to a smaller comfort seat which you can buy at bike world usa.com...i'm 235lb and have a good size butt, and the smaller cruiser seats just fits better..different colors, etc..Dennis...and only 14.95

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
The tried and true here is a sprung Bell cruiser saddle from WalMart- about $16 available everywhere-

I originally went with a steel suspension post too from e-bay about 18 dollars and a must for motor bikes

but I since got an alloy one from Amazon for the same price- if the seat has standard rails, some posts have the alloy part to replace the steel clamp too- light and comfortable.