reconfigured

GoldenMotor.com

bbassfisher

Oct 13, 2008
treasure coast fla.
SAY WHAT?
Hi everybody.
After making and mounting a 4.25 rim,tire and 3 speed to my XYZ chopper frame my chain line just doesn't match up any more. It seems the jack shaft chain to front chain ring rubs the bottom of the engine case. The "idler set up from the old wheel won't work in this setup.
I was wondering if there is any "sick bike parts" engineers would consider making new side plates that drop the right side drive chain drive down another inch or so. that would clear the obstruction and quite possibly open up a new product for these extended frame, chainring forward of seat down tube applications. I am using the motor mount from "barry" on ebay slightly modified to bring engine back to center.
Any and all help or suggestions accepted.

Note to moderators:If in wrong spot please move....

Thank you, Bobby Bass

.shft.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your choice of location is fine but I have to ask why don't you contact SBP direct and see what they say. Pablo and Ghost will probably be able to answer your questions and possibly offer an alternative fix. Good luck and keep us posted on your build. Sounds interesting.
Tom

bbassfisher

Oct 13, 2008
treasure coast fla.
Hello Pablo,
Hopefully this shot shows the side idler plate I had originaly cobbled up to allow the chain to reach the front chain ring. It worked with the original 6speed and derailer, but does not work for some strange reason with a 3 speed rear hub an 4 inch wide tire/rim. I have tried to "reconfigure" my original set up and am becoming frustrated from re-egineering.

Would it be possible to make availiable some new plates to drop the jackshaft r/s drive gear down far enough to clear the bottom of the clutch housing for a direct shot to the chainring?
I am talking about an inch to inch and a half.

Might be an option for others in a simular predicament. "Jackshaft kit for extended frames or choppers with chain ring forward".

Thanks for your input.
Bobby Bass

.shft.usflg

Attachments

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
What I would try is using a longer crank spindle and then using a wider jackshaft axle. That is how they make them work on the OCC Choppers. If you are looking for a wider spindle send me a PM. I have one for you to try.

bbassfisher

Oct 13, 2008
treasure coast fla.
Thanks for responding GhostO,
haven't got the pm thing figured out yet.
I am interested in the longer spindle.
Is it any thing like the offered on another venders site for 4 strokes?
Their dimensions aren't listed for it.
The longer shaft for the jackshaft should be availiable localy.
If we can make this happen, please send me the particulars.
Thank you in advance.
Bobby Bass
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
haven't got the pm thing figured out yet.
The easiest way to send someone a PM is by clicking on there user name. A box will open up with the option of sending them a private message. (pic 1)

You can also access your PM box by clicking on "Links" at the bottom of the banner (Pic 2). From there just click on "private Messages.(Pic 3)

Attachments

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
You can also send me an email, [email protected]

I have a spindle that is about an inch longer on one side than the other. Might be what you are looking for with this project. No it is not the monster wide one used on the 4 Strokes.