Mini Chopper

GoldenMotor.com

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
Hi again peeps! So i recently bought a Mini chopper with what i beleive is a 49cc honda clone engine.
I bought the "Choppa" for $100 in very poor condition. When i got it there was no Gas tank on it and it wouldn't start.

I rebuilt the carb and it started right up. But then it wouldnt shift into gear. (BTW it has a 4 speed semi auto trans. (0-1-2-3-4)) so i took the crank case cover off and made sure all the parts were moving properly. well part of the shift mechanism was seized. solved that problem and have been riding the **** out of it.

Well my latest problem is the motor will start up but if you rev it up to about 2000-3000RPM it bogs out and dies, then wont start up again unless you let it sit for a while.
I replace the ignition box (with my brand new China girl Ignition box that i ordered for the RAW Kit, which has been working great.) and the engine has excellent spark jumping the gap on the plug.

The Carb doesnt have any clogged jets and as far as i know there arent any air leaks.

Anyone familiar with Dirt bike motors?? could you shed a little light on this situation??

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I think you said you put a china ignition on a honda clone engine? I'd like to see pictures of that.
From what I can gather from your info. your engine did start once warmed up it would die. That sounds like an ignition coil going bad.
If you got the china ignition on the honda clone and it sparks yet will not run it possible and highly likely the ignition is out of time the spark has to happen at around 20 to 32 degress btdc
or around that area .
Your best bet is to get the proper replacement parts for the honda clone to get it to run again.

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
the CDI box controls the spark timing, the coil only makes the spark when an electric current is sent to it then removed (current go bye bye, spark go boom) so i dont think timing is the problem. as far as the engine running, it will idle all day long and it will rev a little but then dies out and wont start again, almost like its flooding or just not getting fuel. but i cant think of any way it could flood that bad, and i know its getting fuel because if it wasnt it wouldnt even start.