Cogsworthy, silver edition

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I got back in the shop today! Got working on my bike again! Yesterday I removed my 2 stroke engine kit until I had just a bike left over. Today I took the fenders and with the help of my trusty air tools (not rusty, trusty ;) ) I cut them to custom lengths. They are going to get all the right hex screw hardware to install them nice and solid. I'm going to take the frame down to bare steel and have them do a clear powdercoat. Then a manic mechanic drive hub and ez motorbike kit! I can't wait to keep adding! I have so many ideas to make Cogsworthy, (my bike's name) even better! I'll keep you posted :D

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Change of plans, I decided to get myself a Russian engine kit since they look so darn cool! I'll keep you informed. Can't wait to get my hands on one :)

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
You have no idea how hard it has been to get a Russian engine kit. I think I've finally landed one. I have to fill out all sorts of EPA and customs paperwork to get it, pay RIDICULOUS shipping because it is coming from eastern Europe, and I spent about 2 hours total on the phone with various federal agencies. In the end though, it will look so cool and then I'll be one of the few Americans lucky enough to have one :D

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Arg, you butcher, rub it in my face why don't ya that you have SOO many cute little Russian engines and you won't part with one rotfl. It's okay. I am curious though. Are you developing a new product or just doing what I would do and hoarding them so you have like 20 lifetime supplys of engines?

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Alright, I'm back in business! I got my go-kart working so I'm selling that. Trying to make some extra money to buy a morini, I gave up on the russian engine, I decided it would be really hard to get parts. I bought a napa twist throttle today. I post a pic of the naked bike tomorrow :)
-LS

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
My decision is that I will not use a Russian or a Morini. I'm keeping my HT and doing a total overhaul, truing, balancing, new bearings, better clutch material, polishing, porting, the works. If I break something, it will NEVER cost more than $70 to replace :) That's why I'm sticking with the China. In the mean time, here is what I got from Napa :D NAPA Online

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I'm with you Chainmaker, he's driving me crazy :D I think, but this is all speculation, is he is writing programs based on the measurements of the parts in the russian engines and he is gonna mill some nice billet, made in the U.S. engines, just a thought :D

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I just ordered some high performance semi-metallic carbonium clutch pads from Dean at pipelyne! This is gonna be a good build :D Next is a round pad clutch from bgf 80cc bicycle Motorized GAS ENGINE clutch w 15 pad round - eBay (item 150513108517 end time Mar-28-11 16:42:08 PDT) and a high performance CDI from Jaguar!!!!! I can't wait to see how cool this build will be. Once I figure out a proper drive ratio for the shaft of a 2 stroke autolube pump I'm going to make an auto injection system that will work for this engine!

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Alright, well today I got in the shop again because I went home for the weekend and, well, I tore down my little HT in preparation for a rebuild during spring break. I have figured out that the yamaha pw80 ran at a ratio of between 32:1 and 36:1 with its oil injector system. I'm going to get an injector from one of those for this build. I was amazed at how good the engine looked inside as I took it apart. Things look great on the jug and piston. The first pic is of my little HT this morning. Poor thing had no idea the world of pain it would be in by 7pm rotfl
Here's how it looked by the evening :D

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
In the mean time, I figure I'll also talk about my experience with disassembling this engine. I would like to thank norm for a wonderful thread about clutches. I couldn't have figured this out in less than a week if I hadn't had that thread available to read. The pads on the clutch are only mildly worn because there are only 78 miles on the engine. While my dad was away on business someone stole our credit card number so we had to replace the cards. This meant a bad transaction with Dean at SCSW so it will take longer now to get the performance clutch pads. I'm going to try and find a source for the right skf bearings that I need. This is going to be an AWESOME engine when I'm through with it. Included are images of the clutch, the clever tool I used to remove various parts of the clutch :D, and an image of a VERY ugly spot on my crankshaft that I'll probably have machined out with a lathe so it doesn't throw off balance.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Last are some pics of the top end. The jug was really bright and shiny on the inside still. I'm going to port and polish it, and treat it to better gaskets where and when I can. About 2 mm of my intake was blocked by the bottom of the piston skirt, so I filed that down today and also put a slight chamfer on the bottom to improve lubrication in the cylinder. The exhaust port is really clean, and the dome on the head is free of damage. I'm going to polish it up nice and bright. I also plan to get my piston skirt coated since it only costs $18 to do.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Well everyone, after I got a deal I couldn't refuse on an EZ transmission I now don't have a use for this HT. I will part it out now if you guys want it
Ask me for a part, just send me a PM and a price offer.
-LS