Rusty Love

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 23, 2010
Michigan
bike started as odds/ends and some pilfered parts off some of my other bikes in hopes of riding to the Gilmore car museum's Relix Riot show with 70maverick.

it's a hybrid let's call it a rat tracker.
if you have been over to RRB you may have already seen it.
still have a few mods i wanna do but as of right now i'm having too much fun riding it!!

Aug 23, 2010
Michigan
thanks brah!! rust look!?!?! ha ha it's just rusty!!
pretty paint isn't me! rusty, greasy, brown is my favorite color!
many good years of blood, sweat and tears on that frame from the others before me that owned it.
seems a shame to cover all that history up and when i take my first digger you will not even be able to tell the difference.:D

Aug 23, 2010
Michigan
the naner is for a 20" bike from back in the day that a buddy gave me.

just put a puch gas cap on the other day and it seals way better then the stock one.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2010
Michigan
i got a little idea up my sleeve for a tank. i'm sure you'll like it when im done.

feel the burn!!! ha ha! guess what the pipe gets smokin hot!!! :lol:

running like a champ but stock gas tank starting leaking from around mounting bolts. had some cracks on two of them.
little JB weld for now till i get my tank made.

no pics or video but buddy and i were doing a little racing today and i hugged REAL close in the curve while WFO and
WOOOO HOOOOO comming into that corner hot the back tire broke free and slid out super moto style :mrgreen:

edit for...

my buddy's engine mount(s) came loose on the road :shock: luckily it didn't come off!!!
people use loctite on all your nuts, bolts and screws!!!!!

Aug 23, 2010
Michigan
Sounds like that motor is dialed in, nice to hear it wind out
yeah for just some time loving it and a few bucks (cap, plug, belt)
i think its running strong!!

over winter i may fiddle a bit more but till then it's
good enough for the girls i run with.

lets do a ride or a race next year.

hang, BS and do a show and go..

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
hey, it looks a lot better than the ubiquitous peanut tank! i like it, and strapping it on with a belt stays true to rattiness.

glad to hear you"re having fun with Rusty Love. keep us posted with any new additions to the bike.
all jokes aside ,, on my maiden voyage ,,, one of the things that happened was the gas tank leaned to the side and the cap came off ,,, i rode back home ''less than six blocks holding the tank between my knees ,, thank god i quit smoking ,,, the stock tanks seem to have funky threads on the bolts ,,, vibration is going to happen on a lot of rides ,,, i had gas all on my lap ,,, you can bet ,, i have learned to wait for an , longer chain , an gas cap . and i will make sure the tank wont come off again before i ride again ,, i have rode an lot of bikes , indians , harleys , triumph , honda gold wings , ect. ,,, there is nothing like this ride ,,, it has warped my mind ,, i am hooked !!! i am rideing in the country ' not through the country

Aug 23, 2010
Michigan
Well I now know what hitting the ground at 20 ish feels like!!!

Had a little starving issue and looked down to press the bleeder valve and just as I looked up WHAM,(silence, euphoria, flying feeling)GRAVITY, SKID, BOUNCE BOUNCE,SKID,STOP!!!!
wow the sky is blue,wasn't I on my bike!?!?

From moment of heinous attack by the curb that jumped out at me to where I laid to rest was 15'. I more than certain the first 5 were in flight.

Well 15' later I am laying there laughing making sure all my parts are good and working.

Be safe. Rubber side down people side up!
I could have poked an eye out.

Aug 23, 2010
Michigan
well checked it over some minor scratches a new rattle from my clutch lever,
checked it over for cracks and made sure all was tight and took off.

did about 50 miles today about half after the curb check, while out in the back roads i
got out my gps a got a reading of 35 before it got sketchy and had to hold on with both
hands.

in my travels i met some old cat on a harley that stopped and told me about how he and his
brother took a kick start engine out of an old maytag washing machine and mounted it to a bike. :D

not feeling bad for crashing, sorry no road rash or mangled bike pics! maybe next time.