rat rod chopper beach cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
ZOMG! I am so embarrassed. What was I thinking? That bike is SO Cool!! I guess I didn't look at your image close enough. It has many nice touches and does seem to fit the Rat Rod Style. I think it was just the shiny paint that made me think it wasn't very ratty. A can of grey or black primer would fix that though. Great build, Man! i can't wait to see your next project!

ps. I never ever said PA sucked! I have relatives there! Ride On Brudda!!

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
no problems here born and raised in baltimore md and i had to more here when i was 15 because my dads work transfered him here and now im 31 but my wife wont leave pa so im stuck in a **** hole so i try to make the best of it nothing like md though

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
f what they think youre bike is cool but where i come from a rat is a bike whose owner dosent care for apperances by the pikc i see that you do more chopper than rat a 40 or 50 dollar mod like a sprinnger or bent springer would look bsd ass just put one on my cranbrook i will have pics postedsoon changes the wole look of the bike and easy install

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
yeah i dont care what anyone thinks i got upset because i was told it was stock with ape hangers but the guy noticed i did alot more so its all good if u havent seen i put up another post of what it looks like now and the springer front end i will be ordering a black one i have just been waiting for the funds to be there thanks

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
It seems that there are as many ideas as to what defines a "rat rod" or "chopper" as there are people who build them. To me a rat rod is an old piece of crap looking bike that ticks like a fine watch and a chopper is a bike with outlandishly long forks. I'd describe your bike as a stocker with apehangers. As for the crack about the beach it was directed at the "HATE" guy (can't recall his screen name at this moment), before i noticed you are also from PA. As far as I know, the only "beach" in PA is the "shore" of Lake Erie. Search threads started by me to find pics of my bike. Then you can comment on it's appearance.
to be a ratrod simply means backyard construction with whatever means available to you, without the "conventional" need for fluffy upholstering and shiny new parts, and a chopper is a bike thats been CHOPPED AND OR RAKED-OUT!
THATS ALL! all the rest of the bickering is simply a bunch of hens squaking bout stylistic differences!
...and mine's 100% rat, apehangers and all! I think your thinking of a BOBBER...

Attachments

Last edited:

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
A second on that!It's very obvious all of yourself you've put into your bike.I've built three and I would consider them Plain Janes in comparison.They"re categorized as My Bikes.
well. it's no competition (unless u wanna race, then, IT'S ON!!!)
IF THEY RIDE & YOU'RE HAVING FUN, THATS ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS!

r.ly.